Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 105 of 221 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3311
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Ride lots!

Raise lots!!

Win IBEX!!!
    Ok, now do 5 pushups.

Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello Woolweenies! I've missed you guys as I've been essentially without internet over the past two weeks as we drove across the country. Now my wool stuff is keeping me warm in the Pacific Northwest!

I bought a Pingo jacket before I left (REI sale) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It fits me nicely. I have worn it biking, walking the dogs, to work, you name it!

Because I love it so much, I've STILL not worn the breakaway jacket I bought last fall. I'm offering it up to the TE ladies before I put it on ebay. It's the light blue-ish color (sort of a blue-gray) and it's a L. I bought the L because they didn't have mediums in the color I wanted, and it's just too big for me. I kept it hoping I'd still wear it, but now that the Pingo has stepped in...I know that I won't. It still has all tags as it's never been worn (just tried on).

I'll post a pic of it this weekend once we get internet access at home again. Until then, this is the jacket from STP (where I bought it):

The one I'm selling is all one color (the blue-gray color) and the part where the white is in the photo is plain wool (without the waterproofing). Basically, it's got the climawool on the front and the tops of the sleeves, but the bottom of the arms and the back is plain wool (presumably to breathe better). There is a rear zip pocket.

$65 shipped (US - if overseas, let me know and we can negotiate shipping)

If you use this link you can see the blue color photo:
    http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_750369..._women_reviews
    Last edited by GLC1968; 03-14-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

hmmm

Glc..i'll pm you

I have a few questions though about IBEX stuff..is it itchy? Is it too hot for 10C days?

Hmmm...

C

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I have a few questions though about IBEX stuff..is it itchy? Is it too hot for 10C days?
    Nope. I've worn the lighter layers in 40C temps and been quite comfortable. Feels as soft as cotton, without the clamminess.

hmm

Do ibex items fit snugly? I'm a bit paranoid of tight fitting items.

I've had a peek @ the sizing info and it might just fit ok. hmmm...tempting..

To me, the ibex items look and feel more like a cotton/silk blend than wool, but then they both insulate and ventilate much better. THEY DO NOT ITCH, and I am one of those people that USED to think I was allergic to wool. In fact, I am, if I wear anything other than merino wool...........I wear their lighter layers even in the 70s, to stay warm in overly air conditioned interiors. I wear diff. combinations of them as it gets colder, a kate (lightweight base) under a shak in the 40s-50s, a ribbie (or other midweight base) under a shak for the 20s-30s, stuff like that. In terms of sizing, I would say my items marked as semi-fit are just that, trim looking but not snug. The items marked fit are also just that, trim and snug, but not tight. I also like that their smalls don't run too short like some brands. I am a solid small in Ibex, but in other brands sometimes I have to size up to medium for the length. I also find their sizing more consistent than other brands, I have some shebeest jerseys that fit best in S (retro long sleeve) and others in M (wahini), but all my Ibex is S and fits great.

Dianyla and anyone else with a hooded shak,
    did you size up on the hooded shak or go with your regular shak size?

I have a hooded half zip Shak and a full zip Shak. Both are x smalls, my regular size. They both fit me appropriately. The hooded half zip is a bit looser, but that's just the style.
    I think Ibex runs true to size.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Personally, I think if you intend to wear the hooded shak OVER another shak and maybe also a base layer, then get one size larger. If you wear the hooded shak just INSTEAD of another shak, then get the usual size.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey CC -

I got your PM. I'll try on the jacket again tonight and give my thoughts on sizing. I haven't put it on in months, so I don't remember how it runs. I'm pretty much a perfect M in Ibex stuff. This size gives me room to move a bit as I've got fairly big arms and broad shoulders. I do have a couple of things in small, but they tend to be a little tight in the upper arms. I'm not busty though, so I can't comment on that part of the fit. As far as biking clothing goes, I think it's generous compared to most other brands out there (and it doesn't shrink). In comparison to regular street clothing, I think the Ibex stuff is pretty true to size. Oh, except for arm length...they run a bit long. Great for those with longer arms, a bit annoying (but obviously liveable) for those of us with short appendages.

I'm sorry I didn't get a photo posted yet, but we do have internet at home now, so I'll do it tonight.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Personally, I think if you intend to wear the hooded shak OVER another shak and maybe also a base layer, then get one size larger. If you wear the hooded shak just INSTEAD of another shak, then get the usual size.
    Agreed! I'm often between M and L and I went with size M for the hooded shak. I really like the more sleek/snug fit of it. The Medium hooded shak is just slightly snugger than the Medium halfzip shak. The Medium full-zip shak is definitely bigger than both of those.

It just arrived and its lovely, thanks Kathi, but alas, MUCH TOO WARM to wear here now, we went from winter to summer overnight. But it is exactly what i was looking for. The fit is good, (a bit looser than my other ibex items, but its fine, and the arms are a bit long but they cuff up nicely with the contrasting fabric). THANKS AGAIN KATHI!

Now, I need to go buy some cedar blocks.........

Quote Originally Posted by KathiCville View Post
    Howdy....Re: the F/S Ibex Loppet jersey that I posted earlier today, TriskelionGirl nabbed it......Thanks, E!....

You're welcome, Triskeliongirl! Glad the Loppet fills the bill....
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Does anyone have an Ibex Razzel? Free shipping at Ibex.

Just wanted everyone to know that I wore my brown full zip Shak to my grad school interview today. It was perfect. I wanted to be professional, but I knew that my real professional clothes would have been too much for this setting and I was right. I wore it with a black LS crew neck underneath, a black wool skirt, and tights, along with a cashmere scarf. It was supposed to be 50 out, but it never got above 42 and it was windy and cloudy. Walking from the train to the office wasn't too bad even though I didn't wear a coat over my Shak.

It was a group interview. The other people there were ages ranging from the same as my older son to 2 of them younger than my younger son... I don't think I have ever felt so old. I think I was older than the professor, too, although she looked great.