Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 104 of 221 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm thinking about getting a hooded shak. I wear a medium in FZ shak. Is the sizing pretty comparable or should I order a size up to layer underneath?
    How do those of you with a hooded shak use it and like it?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Can't tell you about sizing comparison because I haven't tried the full-zip, but I know it runs smaller than older Ibex designs (like the Carrie hoodie, which is too big for me even in a S). I layer with only one thin athletic layer, there wouldn't be that much room under it, but your experience will vary according to your size of course.

I wear it all the time, way too much in fact. I got mine in black and it's really versatile. Some days I wished it didn't have a hood, but I really like the thumbholes.

Howdy....Re: the F/S Ibex Loppet jersey that I posted earlier today, TriskelionGirl nabbed it......Thanks, E!....
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    I recently bought a hooded Shak. It's a little shorter in the torso and just slightly more form-fitting (snug) than the same size of halfzip Shak.

I absolutely love it, in the Chili Red color.

How does the half zip Shak compare to the full zip?
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

ibex

If i wanted to get meself some ibex stuff while in Western Canuckland or in the Seattle area, is poiiisible?

Suggestions kids?

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    How does the half zip Shak compare to the full zip?
    Aside from the obvious- (the half zip feels more like a pullover and the full zip has more of a cardigan feel)...

The full zip has the useful little zip pocket in front to keep key or $20 in. I find it very handy for my locker key, a chap stick, and a couple of dollars when I'm roller skating at the rink. Also sometimes if it's below freezing outside I will slip my cell phone in it to keep it from freezing during my long walks. It's just big enough for a cell phone and some folded $, etc.
    The material is the same, neck is the same, sleeve length, seams, same.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    If i wanted to get meself some ibex stuff while in Western Canuckland or in the Seattle area, is poiiisible?

Suggestions kids?
    I don't know exactly what items they have, but REI does carry some Ibex items. I've seen base layers and glove liners at the store. You can always check it out online before you come too - you can even order online and have it delivered for free to the store to be picked up. Maybe MEC up in Canada has some Ibex too? though with the weak dollar these days it might be better to do your buying down here
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Today I finally got to ride covered in tons of Ibex! It was 42 for the commute in, but supposed to be in the 70s for the ride home, so my usual '40 degree outfit' (i.e. tights, long sleeve jersey and gavia jacket) weren't gonna cut it for the commute home. So, I donned shorts, a short sleeved jersey, and short fingered gloves for the ride home, but layered up with my Ibex knee warmers and smartwool socks (mid calf length that cover bottom of knee warmers) that gave complete coverage on the bottom, my ibex shak and PI vagabound II on top (never rode in my shak........), and my ibex glove liners and an earband for the ride in. It was perfect. I did start to get a little hot towards the end of the ride in and zipped the sleeves off the jacket, so maybe next time I can start out that way (or maybe it just warmed up quickly and it was the best way to do it?). If I had it to do over, I would just replace my long sleeve jersey/gavia jacket with the short sleeve jersey/shak/vagabound II combo, very versatile (in other words, ditch the long sleeve jerseys and tights, so while I will wear what I own until it wears out, they are not getting replaced....). I was toasty warm at the beginning, but could also feel the shak ventilating as it warmed up (and I did do some zipper adjustments as I rode).

I did get some great customer service from TE today as well. The stitching that holds the sleeve zipper onto the sleeve of my PI vagabound II jacket started to tear. At first I wasn't gonna do anything, cuz I love the jacket so much I didn't want to be without it for even a day, and then have to pay shipping costs etc. on a return, so I planned to just stitch it up myself. But I never got around to it and saw it was worse today when I took it off after getting to work. I checked to see that TE still had them in stock, so thought I'd phone to see if they would do an advance exchange. They were great!!! Apparently this is their routine policy if they still have the item. They shipped me out a brand new one today, which will contain a prepaid shipping label for the return. So, I never have to be without the jacket and I don't have to pay any shipping or even advance any $. MAKES ME REALLY GLAD I BOUGHT THE JACKET FROM TE!!!! Even my LBS would have given me a hard time about it, and probably made me deal with PI directly.

The PI vagabound II is an amazing jacket, so anyone that doesn’t own one yet, consider getting one from TE! I did have to size up though, the M jacket layers beautifully over my S full zip shak, but they have a reputation for running snug, especially for those of us that are ‘busty.’ I think the outfit I rode in with today will make the perfect touring outfit, minimum pieces to adjust to the widest range of temp variations, and the shak even looks good off the bike!
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 03-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Suggestions kids?
    To my knowledge, in Vancouver there are only two places likely to carry Ibex:

Hillsound on W. Broadway (near MEC) (but NOT Mec)

and

some Kayak store on Granville Island but I don't remember the name and can't seem to find it. It's on one of the docks near Duranleau.

Hillsound had only a few different pieces last season. Haven't been this season yet.

In Seattle, I have seen a couple of pieces at REI (namely: the Carrie Hoodie and one Shak) but nothing else. There might be a store somewhere though, you should check the Ibex web site.

Might be easier to order and get delivered to your hotel in Seattle! Don't order from Canada, your package will most likely be stuck at the border and they'll charge you 18% import duty if the sweater is made anywhere but in the USA.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm (almost) not looking forward to the warmer spring and summer weather because I won't be able to wear my half zip Shak any more. I've worn it every single day this winter commuting, and I haven't washed it yet, and it doesn't stink. Hard to believe.

Oooh, I know what you mean, but that is where the very light weight 17.5 merino wool comes in. I am finding even on warm days my kates are fine (cuz there is still air conditioning inside) and I also picked up some of those nice polos that are still on sale in the ibex outlet section. But I know what you mean, there is something about having to take my shak off when it warms up that is, shall we say, *disturbing*.

I am also finding that I am using my ibex cycling cap and glove liners in unexpected ways. With our strange temps here, cold in am and warm in pm, I do put them on when I drive to work in the cold (our car heater is dead), and then stuff them in a pocket for the ride home. Less bulky to store than my regular winter hat and gloves, but a welcome extra layer for a chilly car ride. Also nice to have stuffed in the pocket of my rain shell, just in case.......

I am curious how long I can keep wearing wool, but the polo shirts are so light weight, I don't see why I can't wear them even into summer. What folks don't get that never saw this fabric is that to me it is like a silk/cotton blend in texture, and so breathable that it really should work even in summer. We'll see.........

I would just order from the ibex website (outlet section still has good values) or from TE, and arrange to have the items shipped to your hotel in seattle. If you aren't leaving for awhile, email them if they can hold the shipment until its closer to your trip (I am sure if you pre-pay for the items they will be agreeable).

Suggestions kids?

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    The more I wear my merino wool items, the more varied and useful ways I find of combining them.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ride lots!

Raise lots!!

Win IBEX!!!

http://www.breastcancerfund.org/faf/...?ievent=268251
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson