Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 101 of 221 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    The Ibex neck gaiters are double layer merino- very warm and plenty wide. I go out walking for miles in 20 degree cold and wear a neck gaiter over my shak neck but tucked under any jacket or vest. I can also pull it up to cover my chin if it gets cold. Sometimes if my ears are getting cold I just pull the gaiter up and fold an edge under a bit and it makes a fabulous thick warm headband that really covers your whole ear area and even most of your head too if you don't fold it much. If it starts to drizzle I just wear it like a hat with a hole on top, it looks like a cute chimney hat like that.
    Y'know, I was just at REI today, looking at buffs, and wishing that there were a buff made of wool. It looks like the Ibex neck gaiter would work similarly... although it isn't as long as a buff. Hmmm....

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Ibex does have an extra long neck gaiter on sale for the next couple of days...it's a greyish clay color. I have it and it's great too:
    http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Product...&Gender=Womens
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lisa, I am starting over since all my items were out of stock.........

SO tell me more about the long neck gaitor. I didn't order it cuz the color is described as foliage green, but if it looks more gray I am tempted.

It's more grey than green, like that modeling clay. At first glance you think it's grey.

I like the Ibex "regular" neck gaiter too, very useful as a folded headband particularly, or just for some warmth and color at the neck. That red is lovely, and it's on sale too!
    Sale ends in the next day or two i think.

Neck gaiters can double as headbands, but can also be worn around the neck and even pulled up over the chin. I wear them a LOT.
    Lisa

If there was an item you wanted on the Ibex site and they were out...its worth checking again. I wanted a black bella vest in XL...they were out the first 2 times I looked...and then bingo...they had it again. I guess people return things!!

Triske...
    I can see how the sw headband might not be enough in the NE...but in here in the NW it was plenty for me.

A wool buff would be great...when it is really cold here, I wear my buff and my headband.

The Ibex gaitor would be versatile...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

OK, so here is the scoop on this weeks packages:

1) Ibex 17.5 micron polo shirt. I love it. It reminds me a lot of the Kate but in short sleeves. I wore it today. The blue goes nice with black or gray pants. I liked it so much that today I ordered another one in red since they sold out on the red razzel in my size. Sizing similar to my kate and shak.

2) Ibex glove liners. Another winner. *Very lightweight* but that is what I was looking for, layers perfectly, sizing as expected (I am a womens L mens M in most gloves and the M fit pefectly).

3) Solid norgie crew in blue. I LOVE IT!!! I don't know why I hesitated. While it is a little sporty due to the flat lock seams, being all one color it still looks fine with my suits (unlike the two tone ones that looked even sportier), and it is the prettiest shade of blue. Nice texture, nice weight, between the weight of my kate and ribbie, very smooth and soft texture, fit is also similar to kate and shak.

4) Zepher hat. At first I thought it didn't cover my ears, but I realized you really have to pay attention to how you put it on. If you put it on with the ibex logo facing forard, its a perfect fit. While it doesn't go way below my ears, it does cover them, and I think with a helmet to hold it in place there will be no problem (I have a lot of curly hair), although I would say if you have a medium to large head the suggestions to get the smart wool one may be better. But, I love the ibex logo, the way it matches my other ibex pieces, etc, and I think the ear coverage will be adequate. It also works alone too, so its not just for cycling. So, today I ordered a matching neck gator. I ordered the normal blue one, just cuz it matches the other things I own the best. I wanted solid black to match all my other stuff but that was sold out.

This isn't the first time I've noticed how some ibex pieces have to be positioned just right. The knee warmers are like that too, very front/back and left/right specific, but when positioned correctly are amazing. Here my problem is being warm when I have to be and then not overheating, and I am finding these ibex wool pieces are just perfect. I hope the short sleeve tops aren't a mistake. I don't know how hot it can be for wearing wool, but the polo shirts are very lightweight so I am hopeful they'll at least work for fall and spring, if not summer.
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 02-29-2008 at 02:58 PM.

I want it to be cold now...........

One more package waiting for me at home from stp (ibex order shipped to work), my wool socks are here. Smartwool cabin fevers. They are hiking socks, but I ordered them cuz I hoped they would be just the right height to hook up with my ibex knee warmers, turning them into leg warmers (and they were closeouts not seconds at a great price). I tried them on, hoping, wishing, the height will be right and it was. So, I checked the temp. for tomorrow to lay out my clothes, and alas its gonna be in the 70s, so laid out shorts and a short sleeve shirt, no wool arm warmers, leg warmers, socks, gloves, or caps. DARN! Just when I am finally completely outfitted in wool am I gonna have to wait until next year to wear it all???

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Ibex does have an extra long neck gaiter on sale for the next couple of days...it's a greyish clay color. I have it and it's great too:
    http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Product...&Gender=Womens
    Consider me sufficiently enabled!!

Oh, and also? I decided to order that Thistle Heather Full-zip Shak after all. I love it, and especially the smaller snugger Medium size! I'm going to return the Sea Mist light blue Large to backcountry.com. I just don't like the color contrast of the dark zipper on the light blue garment, while the zipper goes very nicely with the Thistle Heather color.

Oh, and also also? I'm in love with my new Chili Red Shak Hoody. It is pure love! <3

I am having to use all of my will power not to buy the Kate or the loose tights.
    HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am having to use all of my will power not to buy the Kate or the loose tights.
    HELP!!!
    You'll get no help here.
    Lisa

why wouldn't you buy them??? you really want us to help you break through your own will power, don't you....
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

I'm going to be in the Berkshires again on Monday eve/Tue morn. I may stop by the Acadia Shop again to look at/touch/try on more Ibex. But I'm trying not to spend any more money.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

I have to stop the crazy spending. I mean I don't NEED these things, I just want them.
    OK, I am going to get ready for snow shoeing with my son who just flew in from sunny San Diego, into a snow storm.
    Have fun at the Arcadian, Deb. We told our friends about it (the ones who we go to the Berkshires with every year) and we all wondered why we had never stopped there before???
    Lisa, I also told them that we had a new bike route for our trip this summer; one that would take us to NY for a lovely lunch!

Has anyone bought an Ibex beanie and washed it? Did it still fit?

I've lost a couple ski caps even though I washed in cold and air dried.
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Looking forward to it Robyn.
    Deb- you could go there and pile on a whole load of ibex and just sit in the fitting room and meditate for a half hour, absorbing the merino goodness.....
    Lisa