Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

A general invitation

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello fellow PNW'ers. I have never been able to catch you on any of your rides as my work schedule makes it almost impossible, but if any of you ride on the Big Soos Creek Trail in the mornings, let me know.

Big Soos Creek is my main 'exercise' run during the winter, but during the early spring through very late fall, my more normal ride is to have my husband deposit me at the local Starbucks down in Southcenter (after work) then ride Green River/Interurban over to 277th Recreational Corridor, over to Big Soos, then home.

I'd love to meet you and put usernames to faces and bicycles!

East Hill

East, I go to school down in the Tukwila/Southcenter area but I live up in Ballard, not terribly far from the Burke-Gilman. I haven't ridden the Green River trail yet but would like to.

I've made a few pokes at cycling since an accident and could use some motivation (like somebody standing there nagging me to get my damned gear already and let's GO!) to get back on the bike.
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Green River Trail

I haven't been on the Green River/Interurban Trail for over a year now. I have taken friends new to riding on that trail. I start from the Super Mall parking lot (the Regal Cinema lot) in Auburn. I've gone all the way to the end and back which gives you about a 30 mile ride. Great for beginners and easy social rides. Maybe on a nice warm sunny day I'll post a ride there!

Yes, GRT/Interurban is a good starter ride for many people. It's level, can be as long or short as you want, only a few places where it's really necessary to stop for cross traffic, HAS BATHROOMS with FLUSH TOILETS! The only real complaint is that there's not really any good convenience stores along the route (although it's possible to go east at Orillia/212th and get to the Wendys/convenience store there just past the KOA by Boeings). Oh, and the rude football persons who clutter up the path by Fort Dent. They are terrible! Where are the ASBOs for the US?

I think a group ride for the TE lasses would be a great idea for the future.

Oh, no disrepect intended in case any of the TE lads would like to join us.

East Hill
    Last edited by East Hill; 11-27-2006 at 07:11 AM.

what is an ASBO?

I rode from my house (South east seattle) to 240th Kent on the Green River Trail saturday.
    I am not sure where Soos creek is. But some weekend day I would love to meet you.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

An ASBO is an Anti Social Behavior Order. Given out in England to those given to not behaving themselves.

If you had gone east when you got to Orillia/212th and gone straight up the hill you would have gone (almost) past my house, around four miles. If you go east on 212th it turns into 208th as it winds up the hill. Gary Grant Soos Creek Park is actually a straight shot up the hill. Just follow 208th past Panther Lake, past Kentridge HS. It's a bit less than a mile from the high school (look for the flashing overhead caution sign). The trail goes over to Lake Meridian at the other end.

The only problem with Big Soos is that although it is lovely in the summer (because it is shady) it's not nearly so good in the winter (it gets very icy on parts of the trail). It was also underwater for about 200 feet of its length when we had our monsoon a few weeks ago! I go for rides when it is wet, but not when it is icy, as there are enough hills over here to make it too exciting for me. I already reach 30 mph going down the short hill from 132nd to the park's parking lot and have to really apply the brake in order to swing onto the trail path! I would not want to have to worry about hitting icy patches right there.

Well, it is snowing again as I type this, so I am glad I took almost all the bikes out today when the sun was still out, even if they only went around the block a few times. I figured they were bored too.

East Hill

I've never ridden up Orillia. it is a scary street. People barrel up that road going 60 mph and a lot of them are turkeys (better to use this word than the one i was t hinking of!)
    You sound like you go up and down it a lot.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.