Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Weigh in - week of Nov. 13

To disable ads, please log-in.

I lost 2.5 pounds. I'm happy. I was secretly hoping to lose another 1/2 pound to get me to 20 pounds lost, but I'll take it. I don't have a T.O.P.S. meeting (nonprofit weight loss support group) next Tuesday, so I definitely should hit a total of 20 pounds lost in two weeks.

Anyone other folks want to share your progress?
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

I'll share my lack of progress.

I'd hope to get back into my routine of ab work and pushups in the morning this week. This cold has thrown me for a loop. I can barely get myself to work. Maybe tomorrow...

It's part of my master plan to up the output to lose a little bit more before brevet season starts.

On the flip side I have been successful thus far at not eating any junk at work.

Congrats on the 2.5 pounds! Slow and steady is the way to do it.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I'm chiming in . . . I'm a little disappointed with myself. My doc insists I lose weight. I'm trying--kind of. I've been eating better and working out. My clothes have all started to fit better so I finally braved the scale. I'm up 2 pounds!!!! Okay, I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I really, really need to lose weight. Grrrrrr. At this point I don't care about gaining muscle, I'm already strong, I just want to lose the fat. Wish me luck. I'm going to cut about 100 to 150 calories a day--I'll be down to 1650-1700.

2 pounds is normal fluctuation for me. It could just be a heavy day.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

OTG - well done, close to 20 lbs in two weeks? Wow!

I started "dieting" last spring and lost 12 lbs in a few months, then I ate normally but rode lots all summer and maintained the loss. Now I'm back to dieting again. I managed to meet my goal to lose 6 lbs between Oct 15-Nov 15. My next goal is to lose another 5 before New Year's. Ultimately, I want to be down to 115 by next summer. I have found I need to be patient and focus on 1-2 lbs a week as a goal rather than try to get it all off at one time. I just can't seem to stick to a strict diet and this way I have fun too. It's more a life-style change really. I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day when I'm being "good"

limewave - I agree. 2 lbs up or down is tough to tell. Whenever I go up like that, I just weigh myself a few days in a row and see if it's a true gain. I do the same thing when I have a surprising loss...

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    OTG - well done, close to 20 lbs in two weeks? Wow!
    I think she meant she will have reached the 20 lbs goal in two weeks!

Loosing 20 lbs in two weeks wouldn't be very healthy!!!

ok that makes much more sense.

Yup, I meant that in 2 weeks, I will have lost at least 20 pounds since I started Oct. 1.

(I am able to lose weight relatively quickly because I have 80 pounds yet to go.)
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

I originally read that as 20 lbs in 2 weeks and was wondering what you'd had amputated...
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Even with a long weekend of debauchery in Las Vegas, I'm down 1.2 Must've been all the walking from bar to bar......

I'll jump right in here! I haven't even introduced myself yet but I have a new found love my dh turned me onto...MTB We also have three kids! I'm 26 and we have a 5.5 year old, almost 3 year old and our youngest turns 1 Tuesday. Needless to say, I lost my baby weight from baby 1 but not from baby 2 as he was only 13 months when I became pregnant with #3. I am 165 pounds and 5'8.5(adding the half helps lol) I am usually 125-130 lbs. I am nursing and started doing Tae Bo a couple times a week and I try to ride a trail a couple times a week. I am a night owl...can you tell it's almost 3am here I have this thing for eating crap at night. Anyway, nice to be here!

Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer...this is a wonderful site with so much information.

Welcome Trail_Mommy. I also have 3 children. This is a wonderful biking forum.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle