Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had my chiropractor show me my A/C joint today. She measured it for me: 41 cm. I'm pretty broad shouldered (In fact, my surname in Italian is said to mean "broad shoulders" so I guess I am true to my name!).

My bars are Easton EC70 wings with a 85 mm reach and a 145 mm drop (for my 42). Compare that to the Salsa Pocos with a 70 reach and a 140 drop (for the 38's). What does that get me??? Confused!!

It seems like my handlebars are fine for me. Maybe it is computer time after all that's my problem.

Regina, at 41cm you should be just fine on a 42cm bar. You mention your symptoms are on one side only? Just curious, but which side? And are you left-handed or right-handed? And do you mouse a lot?

Lorri

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by velogirl View Post
    Regina, at 41cm you should be just fine on a 42cm bar. You mention your symptoms are on one side only? Just curious, but which side? And are you left-handed or right-handed? And do you mouse a lot?

Lorri
    As my brother would say...."I'll give you 3 guesses. The first 2 don't count."

Predictably, I'm right-handed, and my pain is in my right traps/shoulder/elbow/wrist. I use a mouse a fair amount - at work and again at home (cruising *ahem* TE forums, among the other time sinks).

I suspect my issue is multi-faceted. Mouse + bike + ? = ouch. I do add bike to that, as the pain caused by riding is undeniable. But it may be secondary to what actually started it.

I've replaced my home p.c. mouse with a trackball and have asked my boss to do the same for me at work (but we're under a CR now, so who knows if they'll fork up the $$ for one at this point). Once I get the irritation and inflammation under control, I think I should be all set.