Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
    2007 goals - is it that time already? ? ?
    I didn't think I had any goals but once I really thought about it I have alot.

- complete my first sprint triathlon

- complete the 2 tours again that I did this past summer plus add one out of state ride just with friends (looking at the Mickelson trail in SD or Itasca Park in MN)

- start a weekly "slower/shorter" beginner ride for newbies

- start an estrogen driven hammer ride on the same night as the testostoren driven one, this may be the hardest to do - the women I know don't have the same drop everything mentality between getting supper, kids, jobs, laundry etc.

- get stonger and increase overall speed

I haven't set any mileage goals yet.
    I'd also like to do the Mickelson Trail. I live in SD, but on the otherside of the state. I don't know if I want to do the full trail in one day (there's an organized ride toward the beginning of the season) or do the 3 day version so that I can enjoy the scenery (organized tour at the end) more. However, I think a two day version would be about perfect too.

Anyway, I started riding at the end of July 05. I got a hybrid then. Last season I got my road bike, but got a late start due to a broken arm. I still managed my first century in an MS150 tour.

I hope to do the Tour de Kota, I realized last year that I'd have to start riding earlier in order to do it comfortably. I will do the MS150 again from Sioux Falls. And if things go REALLY well... maybe I'll try the W.R.A.T.H ride (Weekend Ride Around the Hills: the Rapid City MS150... Though that still seems to be brutal for my rookie legs). We'll see how hilly this year's Tour de Kota is.

I also want to keep running. I'm knocking at 4 miles now. Just under 12 min/miles. Still slow, so I'd like to get a bit better at that just for myself.

Oh! We don't bike to restaurants either and then bike back. My tender stomach turns just thinking of it! We just like the company, but we don't want to be in "race mode" for it. We've also made some really good biking friends this way as a bonus!!

Lorie

BTW I've also found through these rides that some of the other professors here are riders as well and had NO IDEA I rode.....wait.......shouldn't the bike rack on my car and the bike/triathlon stickers on the back window be a hint? What about all the bike pictures in my office?.....well, maybe I'm just too subtle about my love of all things "bike"........maybe not.....

Pyannyplayer~
    Thanks for the info on the Tour of the Ozarks~ I'm going to put it on my cycling calendar for next year. Your Saturday riding group sounds like loads of fun (wish I lived closer to Rolla so I could join you guys....... ). I fly fish down in your area sometimes. I should do a joint cycling/fly fishing weekend sometime next summer (if you wouldn't mind me tagging along!)
    Cheers!
    Teresa
    "You can't kill the Rooster"..........David Sedaris

Wooo Hooo for 2007!!!

My goals:

1) Not brake anything while getting used to my new Shimano Ultegra pedals.
    2) Ride to my friend Karen's house.
    3) Ride the Early Bird Ride on Tuesday mornings.
    4) Complete a metric century.

Hopefully, I will meet and exceed all of my 2007 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    A brevet is a long distance, self supported ride. A brevet series typically involves rides of 200k, 300k, 400k and 600k - and sometimes 1200k. "Brevet training" is simply training for brevets.
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I'd also like to do the Mickelson Trail. I live in SD, but on the otherside of the state. I don't know if I want to do the full trail in one day (there's an organized ride toward the beginning of the season) or do the 3 day version so that I can enjoy the scenery (organized tour at the end) more. However, I think a two day version would be about perfect too.

I hope to do the Tour de Kota,

I also want to keep running. I'm knocking at 4 miles now. Just under 12 min/miles. Still slow, so I'd like to get a bit better at that just for myself.
    I was thinking about doing 2 day at least and probably 3 day so we can see the sites and maybe a few side trips

when is the Tour de Kota? i would like to have more info on that (although you still have wind too don't you? - I am in Nodak)

Way to go on the running I am at 2 miles at 10.5 min/mile - hope to be up to 5 miles by next summer AND if all goes well down to a 10 min mile.

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Do a sprint tri;

Do the Stelvio again, and do a >100 km alpine ride.

Manage a century in the flat and 2500 m ascent.

Exceed the 2500 km I did this year.

Manage swimming 1 km and running 20.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by mlove View Post
    My goals are pretty small compared to all this. Continue riding with the club and try to do at least 1500 miles by the end of 2007.
    My 2007 cycling goals are pretty simple (and, like mlove, pretty modest in comparison to some of you ladies!):

~Commute a bare minimum of 6x/month April-October~
    ~Ride a half-century at least twice~
    ~Ride 1500 road miles in 2007~
    ~Enjoy my bike!~

1. A charity ride of 2 days or more
    2. One century
    3. A self-supported tour of 3 days or more
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

2000 miles. More commuting to work. A few more rides on my single bike with the "big kids"

fun..
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I was thinking about doing 2 day at least and probably 3 day so we can see the sites and maybe a few side trips

when is the Tour de Kota? i would like to have more info on that (although you still have wind too don't you? - I am in Nodak)

Way to go on the running I am at 2 miles at 10.5 min/mile - hope to be up to 5 miles by next summer AND if all goes well down to a 10 min mile.
    Well, the last couple years The TDK has been at the beginning of June. They haven't released the info yet. Yes, there is still wind. I don't think a person can really avoid that. I haven't done the ride yet, I've had friends that have. I think the key is to find a group that you can draft with.

Here's the website to watch: http://www.argusleaderbiketour.com/

For 2007

1. Upgrade from sport to expert for mountain bike racing

2. 3000+ miles in the saddle

3. Kick some butt in Cat 3 cyclocross races and pick up a little prize money in every race.

4. Do a few Cat 4 road races and crits...and show the roadies that mountain bikers can represent.

5. A top 30 finish at the Chequamegon 40

6. Not break any bones or get injured
    Last edited by madisongrrl; 11-16-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Just keep pedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Well, the last couple years The TDK has been at the beginning of June. They haven't released the info yet. Yes, there is still wind. I don't think a person can really avoid that. I haven't done the ride yet, I've had friends that have. I think the key is to find a group that you can draft with.

Here's the website to watch: http://www.argusleaderbiketour.com/
    WOW the beginning of June that doesn't give much seat time before hand especially if we have a late spring. guess I'll have to make sure i stay on the trainer if I decided to do that.

Candisc discourages pacelines but hey those two days that were 30 mph+ headwinds everyone would have died had it not been for drafting. It was hard for the person pulling to stay out front for more than 1 mile.

Thanks for the web site - I'll have to keep this in mind and see if it works out

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

WOW the beginning of June that doesn't give much seat time before hand especially if we have a late spring. guess I'll have to make sure i stay on the trainer if I decided to do that.

Candisc discourages pacelines but hey those two days that were 30 mph+ headwinds everyone would have died had it not been for drafting. It was hard for the person pulling to stay out front for more than 1 mile.

Thanks for the web site - I'll have to keep this in mind and see if it works out
    We have cycling classes through the University PhyEd program... So I've been doing that this fall. It's sort of hard for me to do it in the Spring, work keeps me away for much of Jan. and Feb. But, I'll try doing it next semester too.

Pacelines make me nervous too. And actually, now that you mention it, I have read that the Tour de Kota discourages them too. However, I've done other rides with people and followed behind them. They're people that I knew, plus a couple others... It seems generally that groups stick together and pick up a couple others occasionally. We're not talking 20 people... maybe 6 - 10 maybe? At most? Though a small crash happened during the MS150, I wasn't a part of it. Everybody ended up being ok... one person trashed their bike though.

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    1. A charity ride of 2 days or more
    2. One century
    3. A self-supported tour of 3 days or more
    Deb - you can accomplish both of your first two goals in one weekend! Come on out and do the Great Mass Getaway in June. There is a century option on Day 1, then we stay at Mass Maritime overnight, and then 75 the second day... This is a GREAT event, and I will be doing my 5th this year.

SheFly