Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cycling goals for 2007

Hi! While I was on my bike this morning I was thinking about what I'd like to do next year in terms of cycling. I think I'm going to shoot for......
    1. The Five Star Century Series~ 5 months/5 centuries
    2. Do more MTB
    3. *Hopefully* do the Seattle to Portland ride

So what are your cycling goals for 2007?
    Cheers!
    Teresa
    "You can't kill the Rooster"..........David Sedaris

I'm thinking about doing the MS City to Shore in New Jersey. I'm pretty much starting again after a long time off, so completing a half-century (on my own would be fine) would be good, too.
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

I'm going to try and do a brevet series. Been also thinking about the Cal Triple Crown.

I'm going to work on doing my first official metric century (I'm close now, and and hopefully I can do more than one), do more mtb riding, and do more riding/exploring elsewhere on the island. And try to find a nice mellow club to ride with, unlike the uber-fanatical-car-hating one I'm in now. Yeesh.
    Oh, and add at least one more vintage bike to my stable.

~Sherry.
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

Um, ok, cycling goals? You mean besides surviving the winter, mostly on the trainer!

So here goes...

Top 10 in NMRS # 11 Uphill TT
    Top 10 in NMRS # 7
    Top 5 in Crit Series (A podium finish would be nice!)

EDIT: I wanna do some x-c races next year too! Guess I'll be needing that cross bike after all
    Last edited by Cassandra_Cain; 11-09-2006 at 11:21 AM. Reason: cross!

I'm aiming to cat up, from 4 to 3, in my second season of racing.
    I ride, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra_Cain View Post
    EDIT: I wanna do some x-c races next year too! Guess I'll be needing that cross bike after all

I assume you mean cx (cyclocross), not xc (cross country)?

Quote Originally Posted by velogirl View Post
    I assume you mean cx (cyclocross), not xc (cross country)?
    Yeap! I 'crossed' up my acronyms - meaning the plan is to give cross (cx) a go next fall.

I'd have done it this season, but don't have the money (for a bike) or skills/technique thanks to buying a powertap, trainer, and some good local coaching.

2007 goals - is it that time already? ? ?
    I didn't think I had any goals but once I really thought about it I have alot.

- complete my first sprint triathlon

- complete the 2 tours again that I did this past summer plus add one out of state ride just with friends (looking at the Mickelson trail in SD or Itasca Park in MN)

- start a weekly "slower/shorter" beginner ride for newbies

- start an estrogen driven hammer ride on the same night as the testostoren driven one, this may be the hardest to do - the women I know don't have the same drop everything mentality between getting supper, kids, jobs, laundry etc.

- get stonger and increase overall speed

I haven't set any mileage goals yet.

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Wink

I actually set my goal this week, to do a century in 2007

1) get a lot of riding in every chance I get when the weather is nice
    2) get a trainer for indoors to practice and build cadence
    3) whatever else I can get in trouble with- like buying bike gadgets online.

Pfff, to many goals for my first season (back) into racing

A. Find a good team to ride with No seriously, there are only a hand full options here. There is one top team close to where I live but I think it will be hard to get into the 'A' group (the top 12 riders) since it's a team with a lot of hidden 'politics' (the teammanager has a daughter riding, the sponsor has his wife riding, the team has been riding together for years etc.).

Goals, ordered by ascending difficulty level:
    1. Finish races (criteriums)

2. Finish in the top 20 (of 60 to 120 competitiors) to get the necessary points for goal three (position 20 gets 1 point and position 1 gets 20 points)

3. Get enough points to get a ticket for the national championships (5 points should be enough). And of course participate in it.

4. Finish in the top 40 of the nationals

5. Get offered a position in one of the top competition teams for the year 2008. So I can ride the topcompetition in 2008.

6. Finish one race on the podium

But I think I will feel I did a super first season if I manage to get to goal number 3.
    My new baby for 2007

Goals

I actually had to "report" to my Team manager about my race plans for next year:

Ottawa Bicycle Club weekly women's TT (my first attempt at racing road)
    Mtb sunset series at camp fortune - i am putting myself in the expert category.
    the close Canada Cups mtb races - so Bromont, Tremblant and Hardwood, i haven't decided whether i will impose expert on myself or not.
    The Grand Prix road race.

ehmmmm i think that's it. should keep me plenty busy!
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."-Moliere

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

Shorty's Adventure - Blog

not to leave anything behind at a race HQ!!!!!!!

to improve significantly enough to cause a stir,

well,this year i was ranked 25th in the BBAR,(best times for a 25/50/100 mile tt)and twas my first year i qualified for the BBAR,so next year..15th????

and came 7th in nat hill climb,so i wana come..............3rd.

and master taking off my gillet whilst cycling with no hnds on the bars.eek.
    who is driving your bus?

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
    2007 goals - is it that time already? ? ?
    I didn't think I had any goals but once I really thought about it I have alot.

- complete my first sprint triathlon

- complete the 2 tours again that I did this past summer plus add one out of state ride just with friends (looking at the Mickelson trail in SD or Itasca Park in MN)

- start a weekly "slower/shorter" beginner ride for newbies

- start an estrogen driven hammer ride on the same night as the testostoren driven one, this may be the hardest to do - the women I know don't have the same drop everything mentality between getting supper, kids, jobs, laundry etc.

- get stonger and increase overall speed

I haven't set any mileage goals yet.
    I'd also like to do the Mickelson Trail. I live in SD, but on the otherside of the state. I don't know if I want to do the full trail in one day (there's an organized ride toward the beginning of the season) or do the 3 day version so that I can enjoy the scenery (organized tour at the end) more. However, I think a two day version would be about perfect too.

Anyway, I started riding at the end of July 05. I got a hybrid then. Last season I got my road bike, but got a late start due to a broken arm. I still managed my first century in an MS150 tour.

I hope to do the Tour de Kota, I realized last year that I'd have to start riding earlier in order to do it comfortably. I will do the MS150 again from Sioux Falls. And if things go REALLY well... maybe I'll try the W.R.A.T.H ride (Weekend Ride Around the Hills: the Rapid City MS150... Though that still seems to be brutal for my rookie legs). We'll see how hilly this year's Tour de Kota is.

I also want to keep running. I'm knocking at 4 miles now. Just under 12 min/miles. Still slow, so I'd like to get a bit better at that just for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I'd also like to do the Mickelson Trail. I live in SD, but on the otherside of the state. I don't know if I want to do the full trail in one day (there's an organized ride toward the beginning of the season) or do the 3 day version so that I can enjoy the scenery (organized tour at the end) more. However, I think a two day version would be about perfect too.

I hope to do the Tour de Kota,

I also want to keep running. I'm knocking at 4 miles now. Just under 12 min/miles. Still slow, so I'd like to get a bit better at that just for myself.
    I was thinking about doing 2 day at least and probably 3 day so we can see the sites and maybe a few side trips

when is the Tour de Kota? i would like to have more info on that (although you still have wind too don't you? - I am in Nodak)

Way to go on the running I am at 2 miles at 10.5 min/mile - hope to be up to 5 miles by next summer AND if all goes well down to a 10 min mile.

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination