Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Must be my week...

Last summer I started mountain biking again just a wee bit. With the time change Thom and I have been going out every Wed. night. It's a nice change of pace.

My first ride last summer was up Stewartville Trail - known around here as The Wall. (See thread First Mountain Bike Ride in Ten Years) My Krebs map gives it 3 arrows, for the entire climb. For comparision the same map gives most of the North Gate Road on Diablo 1 arrow, there are two arrow sections on Summit Road, the only 3 arrow road section on Diablo is the final two tenths with the 18% grade.

I conquered that sucker last night! No walking, no stopping until I got to the top. It was even more exhilerating than Saturday's ride (maybe 'cause it was way shorter! )

This is the bottom half of the trail. The hump in the middle is Mount Diablo off in the distance.

You can see the top half over my left shoulder here.

I've started to really like off road. I'm thinking maybe I need to get a bike with front suspension. Those descents are pretty brutal on my hands.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 04-22-2004 at 06:00 AM.