Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

PT Thoughts/Opinions Needed

To disable ads, please log-in.

There is a place here that offers a 12 Week Challenge. Two, 1-hour sessions with a personal trainer a week, for 12 weeks, for $345 total. I'm thinking about it.

I've lost 50 pounds in the past 2 years, yet with recent move gained back about 10, meaning I now have a bout 30 pounds total left to lose. I bought my road bike last May, am waiting on the darn MTB to arrive(ordered last Wednesay, am tempted to call to see if it's there yet).

I have a Monday night Road group ride, there are 2 MTB rides I can do once getting it(Wednesday & Sundays). My boss rides her bike (MTB) 4 days a week, early morning & I've been invited to tag along if I'm interested.

Need some thoughts on whether I should wait & see how the increase in biking affects the weight loss, or do y'all think the 12 week Challenge is something to consider.

Again, I ask y'all because my family is sort of, but not really supportive with my healthier lifestyle. They really are no help with issues like this.
    http://bikedown.blogspot.com/

“I don’t condone obesity, but I don’t think we all need to be a f—king size two. It’s a ridiculous goal. You know what’s important? Living well and not being consumed with eating boring salads that you hate.”
    -- Katherine Heigl

I think it really depends on what your overall goals are. If weight-loss is your primary goal, then you'd most likely benefit from working with a trainer. While riding everyday is great, a trainer could help you focus your time so you use it most efficiently. A trainer will also provide unbiased feedback that you won't get if you ride with friends, spouse, or co-workers.

Good luck to you!

Lorri