Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

peddled to the polls...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I biked over to the polls to vote, took the long way home and had a nice ride.
    I thought the people running the show were going to drop dead when I rolled up on my bike. We are not a bike friendly town. I am making a statement in more ways than one...

Rock On!!!!

Ruth

Keep surprising people, Ruth

It's such an easy way to contribute to the Earth, and role-modelling to others is a great way to make changes... who knows, maybe 'they' all talked about it to others who came to vote, to their friends, acquaintances and partners... maybe through talking/listening some think 'hmmm, maybe I could do that'...

Who knows, you may have triggered a revolution...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Wink

Great idea! Glad you got folks humming like bees. If you were where I was today, your ride would've been a wet one, but non-the-less enjoyable w/ rain gear. Jennifer

I got about 30 miles in and then rode to the polling place (all of a half mile or so from my house). I was certainly the only one on a bike and there was no bike rack, so they let me put the bike inside. The fellow who took my name and ID told me he envied me being out exercising and it was his opinion that everyone who voted should have to ride a bike. It made me smile.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I biked to go vote this morning too. It was only a mile round trip though, so it wasn't a big ordeal.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

between this forum and the bike to vote forum

The TE girls rock when it comes to voting and biking -

I biked to the polling place in a light drizzle. Boy, do I ever feel virtuous!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

What were you selling at the polls?

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Revolution

Anarchy my friend.....a revolution in transportation. A utopian world where a bike path exists alongside every paved road so that people can easliy bike to work.

that is what I peddled at the polls....

Good answer. I'm glad you pedaled to the polls to peddle your revolutionary petals of wisdom.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I biked to the polls this morning too! it was only a couple blocks away <small town> and then i headed off on my morning ride.

I voted absentee, thank goodness, no long lines, my partner biked my ballot to the drop off spot.

I did get an hour ride in this afternoon, beautiful day, 75 degrees with a light wind.

Oregon is all mail-in, so I dropped mine off at a box several days ago. But both DH and I have been biking all over town recently, and it's been raining enough to make homes float away ... so we've both been getting looks too.

But I have to admit my town is a huge bike-friendly town. I see every kind of bike imaginable pass by my office window in the mornings, and I love it! Not so many rolling by in this poor weather, but even a fair-weather bike commuter is better than a year-round driver.
    I don't crash so much anymore (less blood on the trail), so just call me Stephanie

I'll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood. ~ Susan B. Anthony

I rode to the polls, an epic brutal 4 blocks....round trip!

Even a short ride in my neighborhood at night was fun. A beautiful night out, balmy and I think the poll workers got a kick out of the gal with helmet, back pack and Craft neon green jacket....they gave me extra "I voted" stickers.

Now the first stickers on my new lid are "I voted". Maybe tomorrow I'll go to Emil Villas for free pie (get a slice when you vote).
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I biked to the polls after school and put my sticker on my panniers.