Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Colorado??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is there anyone out there in Western Colorado interested in riding with a brand new rider? I have mainly been riding on (dirt) roads/tracks...ultimately want to Mountain Bike!
    I live in Delta...
    Would love to hear from other W Colorado riders!
    Brigitte

What a cool town! We rode through there on Ride the Rockies in 2005. You could ride up and over Grand Mesa from that side! We did it the other way, but it's probably do-able in both directions. Also, the route we took from Delta to Montrose was gorgeous, although the roads were a bit bumpy. I could find the route if you want.

Hi!

Neat that you did Ride the Rockies! I love the Grand Mesa, but probably won't be riding my bike up it this year! And you probably took the Divide Road to Montrose over the Uncompahgre, beautiful. Lots of great winter riding opportunities here....though neither of those are included....the desert around here is beautiful in the winter on a bike I am finding!!!
    Where do you live?

Georgia

Hi Shoerbee!

I live in Grand Junction! Glad to see a TE gal live nearby.

Although I haven't been riding much at all lately due to a heavy college class schedule. I mostly road ride and I do a few mtn bike rides sometimes too.

I'll guess you are a farrier. I used to ride horses, but now my life is school and bicycles.
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by shoerbee View Post
    Neat that you did Ride the Rockies! I love the Grand Mesa, but probably won't be riding my bike up it this year! And you probably took the Divide Road to Montrose over the Uncompahgre, beautiful. Lots of great winter riding opportunities here....though neither of those are included....the desert around here is beautiful in the winter on a bike I am finding!!!
    Where do you live?
    I didn't do RTR 2005, but I'll guess that the route went over the Grand Mesa from Palisade/Plateau Creek to Cedaredge then to Delta.

Divide Road on the Uncompahgre is a gravel road. It is quite beautiful up there!
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon