Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! I have BIKE LUST!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got a promotion at work and now I want a new bike. Too bad we just bought a house. *Maybe* after the first of the year when DH gets his review (and raise!).

I saw this beauty last time I was at the LBS. DH has the 2005 mens version and I just drool over it. It is aluminum, which isn't my ultimate lust, but it is the price I want to spend. It was $1900-2000. Of course I would have to add pedals and change the saddle- I am not comfortable with no cut out! You can't see the gorgeous dragonfly paint job on here and the color looks so much better in person. I am all about girly and proud of it!

I have not test rode the bike for the simple reason that I might cry if I like it. I can't help it, I have never been a patient gal.

MUST_NOT_TAKE_CREDIT_CARD_TO_THE_BIKE_SHOP!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7RWR_grn.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	1997  
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 11-03-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

It certainly is a nice looking bike.

Good luck with keeping the hands of your wallet

I only have to be patient for another 1,5 months before I will allow myself to go to the LBS get a bike fitting and order the bike. But it is taking *ALL* my willpower to not order it sooner. But I need my 'end of the year' bonus to get the money to pay for it without going bankrupt
    My new baby for 2007

She's a beaut! I love the detail work on the frame. Very nice.

Ahhhh you only live once. Why leave your money for inheritance purposes?? I say go for it Besides, its the american way to be in debt
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Quote Originally Posted by CyclChyk View Post
    She's a beaut! I love the detail work on the frame. Very nice.

Ahhhh you only live once. Why leave your money for inheritance purposes?? I say go for it Besides, its the american way to be in debt
    Shhhh... I don't need encouragement. I am so tempted to go test ride and see if I like it.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    There is only one cure.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You will be assimilated!

Good luck on saving for the bike. Maybe you can put it on layaway??? I don't know if the shop does that? That way you know you have it coming as soon as it's paid for?

Good luck!
    Whoever said last man standing wins never asked a girl to play!

Definitely Know What You Are Going Through!

I too have bike lust, but I have to wait until my two kids graduate college. Son has one year to go and daughter two! DH and I have discussed this often. As soon as they are on their own we are rewarding ourselves with new bikes!

Your bike Aggie is a beaut! Sue

You mean you haven't even given it a test-ride yet? Wow, you DO have willpower! Go on--take her for a spin--just be sure to leave your wallet at home.

And as ladyfish suggested, you should ask if they'll put her on layaway for you. My LBS does that and it's a pretty small shop, so maybe it's something they do in general.

That IS one gorgeous frame--I love the green and the beautiful details. Mmmm..... I don't know HOW you're holding yourself back.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Devil's advocate here: Or, don't go for a test ride and convince yourself that it is beautiful but won't fit Keep the wallet safe... if you just bought a house you're going to have to figure out just how crazy you can and can't be with impulses. (How would you feel in January if this thing is on that credit card bill?)

Just ask yourself, "What would Dave Ramsey do?"

I'm getting anxious to have a tri bike, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to have three bikes in a 1 BR, second-floor apartment.

Did you really think we would HELP you with this?!?

I have this bike in the 2006 model... I LOVE MY BIKE!!!

(Putting on my Credit Counseling hat, now...) Just ask yourself:
    • Is it a want or a need?
    • Will this purchase help me reach my financial goals?
    • Can I really afford it?
    • If I buy it on my credit card, can I pay it off this month?

(sorry... I had to do it. Removing CC hat, now...)

Woo Hoo! It sure is pretty! Good luck with the decision! Congrats on the promotion!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike 2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	1998  

Oh Aggie! Take her for a spin!!! And take your wallet with you! I am sure it would love to feel the speed as you zoom down the road for your "test of willpower".......

I mean, you might end up hating it, right??? <evilgrin> (I am the devil on your shoulder saying GO FOR IT! Never been called an angel in my LIFE.)
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

Do it.... do it....

I found the love of my life when I wasn't even looking for her, and knew I couldn't afford her. And I don't regret it a bit.

"If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

DH is not budging on taking me to the bike shop, good man. Oh, how I want to see her and take her for a spin. Maybe I can tell my parents to not spend the ridiculous amount they like to spend on Christmas and just pay a nice chunk towards my bike. Please, please, please MOM!!

I am almost 26 and begging my mom for a new bike. Shakes head. What is cycling doing to me?

I forgot to mention I am getting a bonus in a couple weeks. It is almost 1/4 of her purchase price. Should I spend it decorating my new guest bath or plunk it down on a new bike? Is there really a choice?

I knew I wouldn't find much will power help here!! And that is why I posted the bike.
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I found the love of my life when I wasn't even looking for her, and knew I couldn't afford her. And I don't regret it a bit.
    Being able to afford your dream bike is supposed to be a consideration?? Geezz, I'd never have Cielo if that were the case......
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls