Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: City bikers?

City bikers?

To disable ads, please log-in.

It amazes me that the large city public transit buses are more considerate of me than the average driver....

... the average driver zooms to get around me and then immediately breaks, stopping in front of me, leaving me with no where to go except onto their trunk.

... the average driver seems to consider "dooring" a sport.

... the average driver thinks they are entitled to travel the wrong way down a one way, and then yell at me for being in the road.

... the average driver likes drive past without moving over in their lane, leaving me uncomfortably sandwhiched between parked cars (with opening doors - yikes!) and moving wheels.

... the average driver likes to yell and honk at me. Anything from compliments to insults.

...the average driver uses the designated bike lane for anything from driving to parking.

... the average driver has no clue.

After reading your post, Cdalecat, I am glad I don't have to bike in a big city! It's bad enough in a small one.
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Not just the big city...

The average motorist is very very confused by a trackstand!

It's certainly a jungle out there!

The advantage of the city is that drivers are forced to be more aware of bikers because there is usually at least a few around.
    The disadvantage is that the driver is more likely to be frustrated with bikers.

It definitely requires concentration and doesn't make for a relaxing ride.