Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Don't count me out yet!!!
    Doc put me on prednisone - - but, knock on wood, it seems to be doing the trick. Pain is 80% gone already. My chiro measured my shoulders - A/C joint to A/C joint, as was recommended, and at 41 cm (I'm very broad shouldered), my 42 cm handlebars don't seem to be the issue.
    So, continuing with the ice packs, the TENS unit, and the I-joy, and maybe I'll be good to roll come sunday a.m.
    Fingers crossed......

Regina, can you stay off the computer all day Saturday, just in case? And no yard work!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I'll try to bring copies for everyone, with and without the extension at the beginning (I've got both mapped).
    I just printed mine (the map, too) and put it with my bike gear

Those temperature forecasts better stay in the 50's...
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Regina, can you stay off the computer all day Saturday, just in case? And no yard work!
    No computer????
    No yard work????
    Boy, that's asking a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Don't count me out yet!!!
    We'd love to have you but please don't do this if it could create long term health issues!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Regina, O/T, but where do you find jerseys to fit those shoulders? Mine are only about 38.5-39, but compared to the bone structure of the rest of my torso (hips are low -- I'm long-backed -- and chest measurement really tiny unless I get in the gym and work on my lats). And I can't find a tall, slim jersey that fits the shoulders. I'm not really looking for sleeveless right now, obviously.

We'd love to have you but please stay healthy.

Oh, my friend Morghan may have to bail, because she's got to go into the office this weekend. But we're hoping she can get her stuff done Sat and Sun afternoon and take a break for the Sun morning ride. I'll keep everyone (esp. divingbiker who she's carpooling with) posted.

Quote Originally Posted by aicabsolut View Post
    Regina, O/T, but where do you find jerseys to fit those shoulders? Mine are only about 38.5-39, but compared to the bone structure of the rest of my torso (hips are low -- I'm long-backed -- and chest measurement really tiny unless I get in the gym and work on my lats). And I can't find a tall, slim jersey that fits the shoulders. I'm not really looking for sleeveless right now, obviously.
    Well, geez. Now you got me all paranoid about my jerseys! (Do I really have a closet full of jerseys that don't fit me?? Well, yes and no. I do have a few "incentive" jerseys in there!)
    I don't seem to have a problem with my shoulders, it's the length I have issues with. PI is too short (although their older stuff was okay). Primal is just....weird. Terry fits well. Have you tried Descente? It fits me okay, but is snug around my midsection, alas, my broad back to go with my broad shoulders. Perhaps on you, it would work well.

Sorry about that! I also have a big problem with length too.

I haven't tried Descente. I don't think any of the shops around here carry it (I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff that's likely to be sent back). I have issues with the shoulder width such that it does this weird pulling thing on the raglan sleeves. And then they're tight across the shoulder blades in the back, loose in the mid/lower torso, then hiked up somewhere around my belly button at the hem.

Have you tried the Craft pro fit? Those look like they might be on the right track in the torso, but I'm not sure about the shoulders.

Thanks!

The Bicycle Place on Grubb Rd in Silver Spring (by Rock Creek Park, so it's bicycle-able from there) carries a few Descente pieces...as does the Evil Empire (a.k.a. Performance) occasionally. I just picked up a long sleeve Descente jersey on clearance from Performance.
    The only Craft item I have is a base layer. I don't know if it's Pro-fit, and it's close-fitting, as expected.

I'm heading to Cville after our ride this weekend. I think there's a Performance there and at least one other shop.

I am officially built like a skinny man, though. Today I went shopping for UA baselayers, and the best fit? Men's small. Of course. The women's ones were all wrong. Now the real trick is the answer to this question: what LBS carries a supply of XS or S men's jerseys?

What's Cville??

If I head to the Bike Place today, I'll see what they have for men's small. I know they have women's smalls....because I need Large!!!

I've printed out cue sheets *AND* I've put them into my bike bag so that they won't get left behind like last time

It should be around 40 degrees and very light wind at ride time, not so bad for November See you all at 9:30
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I've printed out cue sheets *AND* I've put them into my bike bag so that they won't get left behind like last time

It should be around 40 degrees and very light wind at ride time, not so bad for November See you all at 9:30
    Just in case we end up waiting for somebody, who'd we end up with? Me, Nicole, Janice, Regina (how's the shoulder doing?), Catherine, Catherine's bud? Am I missing anybody?

Look out, Poolesville...

Just in case we end up waiting for somebody, who'd we end up with? Me, Nicole, Janice, Regina (how's the shoulder doing?), Catherine, Catherine's bud?
    I'm planning to be there, not sure about Catherine's friend (my carpooler). My printer is on the fritz so I must depend on Nicole for a cue sheet. Sounds like that's covered, though you ladies don't seem to need cue sheets. See you at 9:30 at Riley's Lock (correct me if I've got the time/place wrong.)

Just in case we end up waiting for somebody, who'd we end up with? Me, Nicole, Janice, Regina (how's the shoulder doing?), Catherine, Catherine's bud? Am I missing anybody?

Look out, Poolesville...
    I think Catherine's friend was going to bail.
    My shoulder and arm seem to be doing okay (knocking on wood). Got the "okay" to *try*, but warned to have ice packs at the ready!
    DH may accompany me to Riley's lock and then head out on the C&O with a friend on mtb's to take pictures.
    Was that last route with a link *the* final route?
    Or, can I just smile stupidly and hold out my hand for a sheet?
    As they always say with my LBS weekly bike ride: "If you don't know the way, don't lead!"
    Last edited by 7rider; 11-18-2006 at 02:57 PM.