Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Ibex Ultimate Guide Sweater

Well, in spite of its bad gastric habits (what with that "breaking wind" thing and all ), I bit the bullet and ordered the Ibex Ultimate Guide Sweater--on sale for close to half its original price. Got it Saturday, just in time to wear it to a neighborhood bonfire Sunday evening, and then again last night, and again tonight--some folks had cut down a bunch of dead trees, all pines, and that's how long it took to burn (don't want to burn that pine in your fireplace or woodstove). Anyway, even though we're in the southeast, we get these chilly evenings that get even chillier once the dew starts condensing, so my new Ibex was perfect for these bonfire evenings.

And it's so soft and yummy, and not all that heavy either. I don't see myself wearing it earlier than October or later than, say, February, but I'll wear the heck out of it in between those months. The outside seems like a pretty durable knit and the inside surface is brushed, for greater softness against the skin. Got a cool little zip pocket on one sleeve--handy for a chapstick, a whistle, or...cigarettes? Just joking, but it is about that size.

I'm thinking it'll also be handy for kayaking on those cool, clear, crisp Saturday mornings in winter. Can't wait! If you've got some cash to spare, you owe it to yourself to snag one of these beauties while they're still available at the sale price. (I swear, I don't work for Ibex!)
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Bad Juju, you're my UGS (Ultimate Guide Sweater) twin sister!! (I have the blue too.)

You'll see it's even better after being washed once. The inside is so soft.

I don't know about washing it twice, I haven't convinced myself of taking it off a second time!!

I have Ibex Sweater Envy!

Knot-has-6-pieces-of-Ibex-and-must-stop-now
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Because of you KY I'm rooting for those "loose tights" now!!! *sigh*

I'm thinking my next Ibex purchase might be a pair of those knickers. Do you have a pair of them, Knotted or Grog?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad JuJu View Post
    just in time to wear it to a neighborhood bonfire
    Oh, JuJu! This just makes me cringe. My DH wore his brand-new long-sleeved cycling jersey to a bonfire last winter... the wind changed, and sparks flew... and his new jersey has holes in it from the embers.

So... be careful with fire!!!

HL, that's so sad! My sweater survived the Halloween bonfires unscathed (unholed?), but I'll be extra careful at bonfires in the future. Thanks for the heads-up.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I just ordered more Ibex stuff last night.
    I have their Switchback pullover sweater, though. I like their switchback wool texture. I also love their neck gaiter- really THICK wool.

Do try to avoid washing things wool too often- the less often you wash it, the longer they will last. Pure wool doesn't get smelly or dirty nearly as quickly as other fabrics. It's natural lanolin actually repels dirt to a certain extent too.

My full fingered Louis Garneau gloves (which I love) are fine for cool temps, but were not nearly warm enough last week riding at 35 degrees, so I ordered these last night from Ibex:
    http://www.ibexwear.com/F06/View_Pro...&CategoryLine=
    Jeez, I've never spent so much on gloves in my LIFE! - but if it keeps me riding through half the winter, then so be it. I love that they have the Pittard leather palms and are lined inside with merino wool. Bring on the freezing temps...I'm ready!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, Grog, I've already got one twin, so we must be triplets!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    I ordered these last night from Ibex:
    http://www.ibexwear.com/F06/View_Pro...&CategoryLine=
    Jeez, I've never spent so much on gloves in my LIFE! - but if it keeps me riding through half the winter, then so be it. I love that they have the Pittard leather palms and are lined inside with merino wool. Bring on the freezing temps...I'm ready!
    OOH! I want these! Let's see... pay property tax vs. buy gloves... I guess keeping the house wins.

Boy, this stuff is pretty. I have a Swobo jersey (short-sleeved) that I love. I guess I have to save up some money to expand my wardrobe! I'm lucky enough to have an Ibex hat, though - DH raced in the VT50, and all of the entrants got a hat... which DH gave to me!

May I join the Ibex club? I own an Ibex hat.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle