Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay, IBEX PARTY TIME!!!!!!
    We should make snow cones...
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    Yay, IBEX PARTY TIME!!!!!!
    We should make snow cones...
    And there'll be NO wind-breaking!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Hey Seattle-girls:

I was at a seminar earlier today and in walks a guy wearing an Ibex cycling jersey.

I asked him where he got it (before we got down to talking about modelling disasters in urban planning) and he told me there is a place where they sell discounted Ibex store (among other luxury outdoor gear) near his house in Seattle.

I couldn't get much more details, but maybe some of you guys know about it??

We could have our first party there....!

Hey, I'm hoping for some for xmas but I really doubt that's gonna happen unless I treat myself. As usual, I'm the only one around here who 'gets' me, especially when it comes to biking stuff. (sigh)

Backcountry.com usually has some on sale.

I love the sweater.
    Let me know how the gloves work out, Lisa. I'm looking for some warm ones, as I get cold very easy and don't warm up nearly fast enough.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

I ordered both the small and the large gloves since my hand size falls right in between. I was going to send the non-fitting pair back and they'll take it off my credit card then.
    I'm frustrated, because though Ibex sent me my gloves the very next day- they sent me the two in the MEN'S sizes small and medium! They were huge of course, and I couldn't tell much from putting them on, except they were soft and warm.
    So they are now sending me the correct two pairs (and charging my credit card AGAIN) and then they will credit me back when they receive the two men's pairs back from me. Annoying. I get wrong items so OFTEN from various companies- why don't people double check when they pack up orders???
    Lisa

I guess you all will have to come out here to VT next year when we can go to the annual IBEX tent sale! It is a madhouse of fun! I should know, I spent waaaayyyyy too much money there this year.

I LOVE IBEX!
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

IBEX PARTY AT TELEGIRL'S HOUSE!!!

I feel a road trip coming on...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Tent sale? Vermont? When? Where?

Maybe DH and I could make a day of it... we would have to pack a picnic lunch, since we wouldn't be able to afford going out for lunch by the time we were done shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Hey Seattle-girls:

I was at a seminar earlier today and in walks a guy wearing an Ibex cycling jersey.

I asked him where he got it (before we got down to talking about modelling disasters in urban planning) and he told me there is a place where they sell discounted Ibex store (among other luxury outdoor gear) near his house in Seattle.

I couldn't get much more details, but maybe some of you guys know about it??

We could have our first party there....!
    I don't know where that would be but I'm ALL OVER IT. Quill positions her Sherlock Holmes cap, grabs the magglass and takes chase....any street names?, sections of town?????
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    I ordered both the small and the large gloves since my hand size falls right in between. I was going to send the non-fitting pair back and they'll take it off my credit card then.
    I'm frustrated, because though Ibex sent me my gloves the very next day- they sent me the two in the MEN'S sizes small and medium! They were huge of course, and I couldn't tell much from putting them on, except they were soft and warm.
    So they are now sending me the correct two pairs (and charging my credit card AGAIN) and then they will credit me back when they receive the two men's pairs back from me. Annoying. I get wrong items so OFTEN from various companies- why don't people double check when they pack up orders???
    Well, the very next day (today) I got the correct WOMEN'S gloves from Ibex- pretty impressive speed. I sent the men's gloves back to them already (using their free shipping label). I found that the women's small fit me just right, so I will be sending back the medium pair.
    However, I was mildy annoyed to find that they had charged me $10 shipping AGAIN when sending me the RIGHT gloves. It was THEIR mistake, not a typical size exchange. I called them and they promised to take the $10 off my credit card. But that's two mistakes on one order in my opinion, so it just shows you have to pay attention out there.
    The gloves seem great though- I am pleased with their quality and how the feel and fit. They are soft and flexible and the long wrists and complete leather palms are great. I will be giving them the test of fire over the coming days in the cold. My fingers FROZE today on a 19 mile ride in 40 degrees using my "regular" lightweight full fingered gloves with a liner inside. I was toasty all over elsewhere, but my fingers were in major pain! I hope these expensive Ibex ski gloves are worth it...
    Lisa

Yes Lisa. Please report back. I rode in the cold a couple of weeks back and my fingernails hurt!

I want some Ibex! one of you guys might have picked up the medium in blue of the ultimate guide sweater already! I don't even think that one would have fit me- I was planning on shrinking it. (being 5'2" is rough) Egads I am not sure what to do. I think the grey looks to mannish. I might have to buy the uber expensive icebreaker line. Does anyone have any recommedations for a similar sweater along the same line? you guys seem to have a lot of ibex going on.

congratulations who ever got the last medium UGS

ps anyone from Minnesota?

Oh, oh. I was able to resist clicking on this thread until now. And now that I've seen that this UGS is in blue!!!! I absolutely positively must have it.

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    I might have to buy the uber expensive icebreaker line. Does anyone have any recommedations for a similar sweater along the same line? you guys seem to have a lot of ibex going on.
    Did you see the Long Trail Sweater?

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    I want some Ibex! one of you guys might have picked up the medium in blue of the ultimate guide sweater already! I don't even think that one would have fit me- I was planning on shrinking it. (being 5'2" is rough) Egads I am not sure what to do. I think the grey looks to mannish. I might have to buy the uber expensive icebreaker line. Does anyone have any recommedations for a similar sweater along the same line? you guys seem to have a lot of ibex going on.

congratulations who ever got the last medium UGS

ps anyone from Minnesota?
    If you're considering going the uber expensive Icebreaker route, then consider also the Ibex LongTrail sweater that's NOT on sale, and also their Ibex "midlayer" category Switchback line and Carrie hoody are pretty heavy and sweaterlike. I have the switchback pullover and it's wonderfully thick and warm. The small switchback pullover would fit you. I wear the small and I'm 5'5" 140 lbs. The medium was a bit too roomy on me, I wanted it more form fitting.
    Lisa

thanks! I was thinking about the switchback pullover. How tight is it? I want to be able to wear a jacket above it for biking along the river. I don't want to be too "flappy" when I am wearing it either- gotta show off the figure! But either way it is half the price of ice breaker stuff.