Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

JuJu, how did your costume ride go?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I haven't seen a report or did I miss it? Did you get any photos of you and/or your bike?
    Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches

Oops, been so busy this week, I forgot to post a ride report. Thanks for the reminder, Mary!

Well, I was the only one in costume--so you can bet everybody noticed. It was a great ride--gorgeous weather: the coolest, driest, clearest day we've had since last spring! And tailwinds most of the way.

I didn't get to ride my Bianchi, because she was at the shop getting a new, shorter stem and *drum roll* clipless pedals. (I get to try them out for the first time on Friday, so crossed fingers, please, for JuJu's big clipless adventure.) But my Waterford was up for the ride--freshly buffed and fluffed, lubed and shined. I wore my new Shebeest knickers--supremely comfy, with a little Assos chamois creme slathered on. And I'm happy to report that my Happy Halloween Spider stayed on top of my helmet as if she'd been riveted in place. People were snapping pix of her left and right, so I'll have to see if I can get one from somebody, because I left my own camera sitting at home on the kitchen counter (rats!)

My riding buddy and I had one minor incident. At one point, she was behind me and we needed to stop for something so she said, "Judy, stop." So I stopped, and next thing I knew, she was on top of me--guess she didn't expect me to stop so quickly. She tumbled over, unable to clip out quickly enough. No injuries though--she bounced back up like a rubber ball.

The rest of the ride went beautifully. For a while we rode with some recumbent riders from Texas, who regaled us with stories of the Hotter than Hell Hundred--apparently it really IS hotter than hell. At the penultimate rest stop, we were treated to homemade cookies--oatmeal, dried cranberries, etc.--good enough that you could've eaten the whole lot of them, but of course that would've been a mistake with 20 more miles to ride. So I tucked an extra one into my pocket for later. Shhhh.......

I was so pleased with myself that I was able to finish without too much whining. Not even too stiff or sore the next day, I guess since I took the time to stretch out afterwards. Oh yeah, the naproxen sodium might have helped.

Anyway, it was a wonderful, fun, invigorating ride, and I can't wait to do it again!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress