Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tail Light Issue

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok, went to put on new head light/tail lights & notice that my bag(under saddle) blocks people from seeing my tail light. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need a new bag?

Quote Originally Posted by paigette View Post
    Ok, went to put on new head light/tail lights & notice that my bag(under saddle) blocks people from seeing my tail light. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need a new bag?
    Some bags have a way to attach the taillight to it, that might be an option...

You can also put SOME tail lights on SOME helmets. Also, some will go on your back or on your camelbak..

Think about it, your head is more visible to drivers than the middle of your tire so having lights up higher might be useful.

Mimi
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    You can also put SOME tail lights on SOME helmets. Also, some will go on your back or on your camelbak..

Think about it, your head is more visible to drivers than the middle of your tire so having lights up higher might be useful.

Mimi
    Yeah, definitely like this idea. I was sitting there last night, talking to my bike (like it knew what I was saying) "It doesn't make sense to put a taillight right there.....you are a small bike (XS, actually) and I need something a bit higher up for people to see us........

Back to the bike shop, after work!

I hate this problem! Even though I have a slim underseat bag, I still feel like it obscures the light somewhat. And even though my bag has a tab to attach a taillight, it's too bouncy and will only support a small lightweight light.

People also mount taillights on the rear chainstays, especially the left side. Just make sure the light is still bright and visible at the different angle.

I got a Planet Bike Blinky 3 taillight. It clips perfectly on my bag!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by paigette View Post
    Are you sure it's not visible?
    If you're standing behind the bike looking at it, you're generally taller and at a different angle vs. someone who would be sitting in a car. Try to get behind the bike, off to the side and low - at driver level - to see if it is really not visible. Better still, hop on the bike after dark and ride up and down the street and have someone look to see if it's visible as you ride away.
    If it truely is blocked, then you've got some good recommendations here.
    Me? I'm a fan of dreadful excess when it comes to lights. If I'm not sure it's visible, I'll stick a second on somewhere else - and I'm not averse to adding a 3rd!

Is there a way to mount it on your seat stay? All of my tail lights came with big and little mounts- the little ones being for the seat stays.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I ended up getting a Planet Bike Blinky 3 taillight, it clips perfectly to my bag. Oh, and I've decided to completely go with the "You can't say you didn't see me" mindset. I want an Illuminite jacket & am looking for Tireflys (red, preferably)