Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    Shefly -- Are those Lakes SPD compatible?
    Absolutely! That's what I use with mine....

i have a pair of lake mtb shoes. they are spd compatible, but they are a year old, i assume the new ones are also compatible. they keep me pretty warm in cool weather, but when it gets cold they don't. i also have a problem keeping my feet warm in anything. thinking about getting a pair of covers to put over them also. they are a very comfortable pair of shoes though.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Thanks everyone who replied. I have decided to go for the winter boot option - shimano W101, which I have found in my size for a decent £60.00. Hope not to have to use them too soon, but with nights drawing in it may not take very long. Will kepp you posted!
    Last edited by Puffin; 10-26-2006 at 05:56 AM.

Ehecksher - the Shimano W101 are definitely on the small and narrow side you may need to go up at least one size. I had those before my current boots in a 38 which is my normal shoe size (about a 5) and they were so small they made my feet even colder and almost crippled me , I gave them to a friend who has dinky size 4 feet and she likes them.

Try before you buy, if you can't make sure you wear them around the house in thick socks for a good while to see if they are comfortable or not - don't put cleats on them till you are sure.

I already made that mistake and have replaced my new boots with new new boots in a size 38, as I too have dinky size four feet! I have been walking around in them in thick socks at home. They still feel narrow, though...

Em

They are narrow, they also don't "give" much, the leather is quite firm. The newer ones are a lot softer and a bit wider (but more expensive).