Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Marin Ride January 6?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know it's crazy, but I am planning my first ride - I believe I'll be able to ride 1/6. So who's up for 50-ish miles in January? Mostly rollery. (Mill Valley/Nicasio loop - possible celebratory mimosas following.....)

Rain doesn't cancel. But in the event of rain, the riding is optional and the mimosas mandatory.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Me! Me! Wouldn't want to miss this. Will there be any bubbly after?

Editing: oh, you said mimosas right up above. Duh. At least our brains are thinking alike in some ways.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Mmm mimosas. OK, January 6, 2007 (), count me in.

50 miles for your first ride? Does your coach know you're crazy? My first ride post-DVT (and it was only six weeks in) was a whopping 15 miles and it felt like a century. If this is supposed to be fun for you, Sarah, keep it short and sweet and social. And if you're feeling good, you'll be crying for more!

Keep me posted!! I'd love to finally ride with some of the TE ladies. Just not too early in the AM. Can we wait until it warms up a LITTLE bit?
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

velogirl "50 miles for your first ride? Does your coach know you're crazy? My first ride post-DVT (and it was only six weeks in) was a whopping 15 miles and it felt like a century. If this is supposed to be fun for you, Sarah, keep it short and sweet and social. And if you're feeling good, you'll be crying for more1"

are you hinting at the Melo Velo? 15 miles, rollers.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

You guys do know you're talking to someone who is running a marathon this weekend? And, has been doing spinning classes and Spinervals all along? I'm all with you on keeping it reasonable, but this is MP. I figure we'll all be there keeping an eagle eye on her. She'll hate us at the end of the ride. No one will ever be more than 2 feet from her.

Running a marathon doesn't prepare your body to ride 50 miles. I can't tell you how many runners decide to start riding and think they can just go out and ride 50 miles and are sorely surprised. Sitting on the trainer for an hour also doesn't prepare you to ride 50 miles. I know, it's none of my business, but Sarah's an example to other riders (her TnT folks) and this is something she'd probably never let one of her athletes do.

Girl!!!

I am SO happy you guys are up for this! I will be so psyched to host SK, Deanna, Kim , Lori, Dita and /or anyone else who wants to come for the ride and/or mimosas! Yay! I agree a later start is good - and will facilitate the whole champagne aspect of it.

Velogirl - as the woman who brought me to my senses when I was emailing you from the hospital bed saying "Well, why the heck can't I do the Death Ride at the end of the week?? I'm sure they'll let me out of the hospital!!!" I totally get what you're saying and I appreciate it. I'd thought of the route because it was one of my favorite fun and EASY rides for me pre-PEs, and you're right, I can't assume it will be an easy ride for me the first or second ride out after 6 months off the bike. But what you didn't know was my assumption going into the plan that if it doesn't feel good or whatever, I am totally giving myself the option to cut it short or do something different. Basically, that is the suggested route, but I will totally play it by ear depending on how I feel. So don't worry!

I've learned a lot in the last couple of months about listening to my body and going easier than I would like to, etc. (I don't have any leg DVT issues at all, mine's just chest pain/weirdness (related to pulmonary hypertension issues, which should be dramatically improved by then) - but trust me, I have become adverse to chest pain so I do what I can to avoid it!)

But... don't call me a "runner". Them's fighting words!! (I may be doing a marathon this weekend, but I am not a "runner." If we must label it, I am a walker/staggerer).
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

keep me informed. could be interested.. if i've gotten all my rain gear up to snuff

We'll be there.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
    .. if i've gotten all my rain gear up to snuff
    If it's raining, I won't be there! There is a limit. Unless, of course, we relocate the ride to someplace with hot toddies.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    If it's raining, I won't be there! There is a limit. Unless, of course, we relocate the ride to someplace with hot toddies.
    and a fireplace......

ok.. ok.. i meant my winter clothes which included rain gear.

sheesh... i thought i'd finished spending money on this new hobby and *poof* change of seasons means i have to buy another set of clothes. when does the roi kick in again??? seems like i just keep spending and spending....

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    and a fireplace......

We've got a fireplace....
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio