Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Deanna - that is still the plan.

V - peanut butter cup would also be good - your call!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Who says I can only bring one kind?

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I can't make it this time, sorry! Have a great time everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Who says I can only bring one kind?

V.

No one at all!!!

Sorry you can't join us Snap.

For those folks wanting to do a shorter ride - there seem to be plenty of you. I will have maps, and we can talk at the ride start about what the various turn around options are. Do not be put off by the distance of this ride, because you can make it your own.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

I think I can make it then.

Edited to ask: Should I bring anything to go with the champagne?
    Last edited by Deanna; 01-05-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Well, I have crackers, and I think someone may bring some cheese. I may have more cheese. If you can think of something simple and snacky - maybe salty - that would be great. No worries, though - we're mostly about the beverage!
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

I'm going to the Farmer's Market in the morning to see what I can find. I'm hoping the aubergine pesto people with be there. Maybe some satsumas? Dates? Pistachios? This time of year the various growers start taking vacation. Don't they know we have to eat 365 days a year?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Vacationing farmers - The nerve!

I have dozens of satsumas. (On the subject of citrus, I decided that given the later start of the ride the champagne should be straight and not mimosa form. Executive decision. If anyone wants a mimosa, BYOjuice.)

Anything you see that looks good would be fun.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

Lurker raises hand at last moment

this sounds so fun: can i come too?
    i've lurked around a couple times and remembered you'd planned this ride. i got the biker bug last spring and this year hope to train up and do a week long ride in summer. so i'd love to meet y'all tomorrow. and bring my girlfriend with me too, from the east bay. we're up for the shorter ride, maybe more, will see how much stamina tomorrow brings. i'm a food bar junkie, will bring a bunch of my holdings to share!

Aw darn. I'd been looking forward to this ride but a last minute family thing came up that I have to go to. It's not even a fun family thing.

Gah.. have fun and someone make sure my glass of bubbly doesn't get wasted! (not that I think that'd happen!)

Quote Originally Posted by jesuispomme View Post
    i've lurked around a couple times and remembered you'd planned this ride. i got the biker bug last spring and this year hope to train up and do a week long ride in summer. so i'd love to meet y'all tomorrow. and bring my girlfriend with me too, from the east bay. we're up for the shorter ride, maybe more, will see how much stamina tomorrow brings. i'm a food bar junkie, will bring a bunch of my holdings to share!
    welcome to TE! Make sure that my ice cream with hot fudge does not go wasted. I have to bow out. Belated b'day get together with a best friend and while I tried to steer this around my ride schedule she is after all the birthday gal.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Hi everyone - I'm sorry to report that I won't be able to join you guys on this ride today - I have to meet someone at the airport. I'm bummed to miss the ride, and seeing all of you, and the bubbly! It looks like a beautiful day, and I know you all will have a great time!

But I'll be joining in in spirit in the toast to MP for being back on her bike! Cheers and happy new year to all!

- Ann
    Keep calm and carry on...

I'm going to have to bail, I've just got too #$%&!@* much work to do - my company slipping a feature release because of me would not be a good thing.

I was hoping to see everyone and get at least one chance to ride together this year. Darn. Well, have a good ride, and welcome back to cycling, MP!

I'm a last minute bailer too. Looking forward to the next chance though. Have fun.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by jesuispomme View Post
    Hope you are still planning on joining us.... all the other shorter riders seem to have bailed, and I don't know that I will be up to a full 50 miles yet... I will be leaving Palo Alto in about 30 minutes, hope to see you soon!

MP: I will PM you my cell phone number just in case I go missing :-)