Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Introducing Seymour !

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, all ye Sayers of Nay, here he is !

Here's the overlook to what we now call Flamingo Cove in Coyote Hills Park, where Seymour likes to hang out.

I clambered down the slope to the shoreline, but even so he was a bit of a ways out. I did the best I could with my little 3x zoom set to the highest resolution, but these pics still have a bit of a Loch Ness Monster quality to them. But still, there be no mistakin'

So there you have 'em.

I wonder if he might have escaped from the same place as the African crane ?

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Yep. That's a flamingo alright. I shall no longer think you nutz ...well, not totaly nutz, just a little bit nutz

Cool shots Jo!!

Poor Seymour he must be wondering why the rest of the flock is short and white.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

He kinda reminds me of a parakeet (budgie for you aussie gals) I saw. Obviously an escapee, he was hanging out with a flock of sparrows. One bright green little bird amongst all the brown sparrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk View Post
    Cool shots Jo!!

Poor Seymour he must be wondering why the rest of the flock is short and white.
    He's almost always by himself. I guess no-one else out there speaks flamingo. Poor guy.

There are also a lot of egrets and pelicans out there, so if you're not really expecting to see him, it's easy to mistake him for one of those.

Wow! Lucky for you for the siting! We had a stray pink flamingo here a few years back. The story was he was disoriented, having come Way too north, when he should have gone south. I didn't get a chance to go and see, but all the birders around here, with cars, lined up on the road, to get a better look. ..............I DID see my First wild turkey two weeks ago, on a planning car trip, west of Ottawa. That was pretty neat. But a flamingo--that would have been Way neater!

I saw Seymour again today on my early morning ride. Now that I know it's him I can pick out the little pinkish blob on the far side of the cove, which is his early am hangout place.

But a flamingo in Canada, that's really something !

I havent seen anything as exciting as a Flamingo but on one of my rides this week out on a country road I cycled past 100 to 150 Canadian Geese.They were hanging around a farmers pond. It was so cool to see them and hear all the honking. A local told me they come to that farm every year.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V