Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Our band's first gig - video on YouTube

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey all you wonderful ladies who have been so supportive of my musical endeavors!! Our band had our first gig on Oct. 1 and my sister video taped it for us. I put a few clips up on YouTube if you want to have a listen. It's just raw footage and the place was really small, but it came out okay. Here's the link to our YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShannonCooperBand

Thanks again for your encouragement! It's scary to do something out of your comfort zone, but we had a lot of fun. We hope to have another gig in a few weeks.

Shannon
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

Thumbs up Nice!

What a lovely voice you have! Rich and mature sounding, and if you were "outside your comfort zone", you sure don't show it on stage! I'd love to be able to sing like you, but I seem to be missing that gene....

Thanks for sharing the videos!

~Sherry.
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog View Post
    Hey all you wonderful ladies who have been so supportive of my musical endeavors!! Our band had our first gig on Oct. 1 and my sister video taped it for us. I put a few clips up on YouTube if you want to have a listen. It's just raw footage and the place was really small, but it came out okay. Here's the link to our YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShannonCooperBand

Thanks again for your encouragement! It's scary to do something out of your comfort zone, but we had a lot of fun. We hope to have another gig in a few weeks.

Shannon
    Congratulations Shannon - look forward to hearing some of your future gigs.

As Time Goes By made me smile my husband and I love that song - they played it at our wedding reception.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Congratulations Shannon! I listened to my favourite song last, As Time Goes By. It is such a beautiful song and you sing it beautifully! Your hair is gorgeous and I loved your outfit. All in all excellent job.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Shannon - you have SUCH a beautiful voice. I am glad you are getting to share it with others.

cheri
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

Thanks, Gals! I've been singing for as long as I can remember, I've just never really done jazz before. It's been fun to learn some new styles and I hope to keep learning new stuff in the jazz genre. I just got some stuff to help me learn to scat better. I hope it helps!!
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

Hi Shannon.

That's great!! I think jazz is the most difficult to master. I play guitar, a little bass and sing - mostly folk, soft rock and church worship type music, but I find jazz very complicated and difficult to do well. Congratulations. Once word gets out, you will get lots of gigs.

Nina

Nice! I love that genre of music. Congratulations.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Wow!

Very nice!!! Fabulous voice and great arrangements of some classics!

Next time, see if you can plug a feed from your mixer into the camera - the sound would be so much better and we could really hear how good you are!!!

Shannon, what a great job!! You and the band sounded great!
    I give so much credit to someone who can get up in front of everyone (strangers) and sing. I love to sing, at home with my radio, not on stage in front of people. I am not great but I can carry a tune. You sounded lovely, you have a very pretty voice.
    You looked so comfortable, no nervous at all.

Congratulations!!!
    Donna

Thanks so much, Ladies! Encouragment is so awesome!!

I'll add some more stuff after our next gig... hopefully in a few weeks.