Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

first spin class

To disable ads, please log-in.

oh, I had no idea. I thought that I was pushing myself...but not as hard as someone else pushing me. My legs are sore. I can't wait to do it again - next week. The only problem I really have is that I commute to work on my bike and the thought of riding my bike this evening makes my legs want to cry. This class has really opened my eyes up and made me realize that I need to physically challenge myself more.

Go Coyote!

If you aren't training on the road and spin class is your hardest workout you should try to spin at least twice a week.

Keep in mind that when you're in spin class it's your ride. If you need more time to recover from a climb, take it! same goes for standing. If it hurts your knees, you don't have to stand.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Whoo hoo! way to go for getting out there

I started doing spin class regularily last winter (much more fun than the trainer!)

I noticed a marked improvement when I got back on the bike this spring. My hill climbing improved dramatically and I can stand up to climb or accerlate much better than before

ENJOY (or if you a like me enjoy once the class is over

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

I started spin classes in February due to broken humerus (compound fracture). The first few times I felt wiped out afterwards, but then after a couple of weeks, I got used to it. And yes, it is YOUR ride! I upped my classes to 4x a week and occasionally did back to back classes on Sunday mornings.

I just got back on the bike outdoors this past Tuesday after 8 months off the bike (waiting for fractures to heal). I started out with a 15 miler, then 20, then 44 and today I did 51 miles! It's all because of my efforts in spin. It really does make a difference! I've always been a strong rider, but now I'm even stronger on hills and better at high spinning.

Yes, I will continue to spin as my long rides are limited due to work hours. What fun it has been and the comraderie in my classes is unbelievable!!!!
    Nancy