Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Party Pardee Ride Report

To disable ads, please log-in.

What an excellent ride! Beautiful scenery, not too much traffic, enough climb to to be interesting (3650) but not enough to kill you! Highly encourage you guys to give this one a try next year.

Best moment - flying down the other side of the climb up to Pardee Dam. We hit 46! Not a record for us, but fun nonetheless.

Worst moment - breaking the chain in the middle of probably the steepest hill. The link that broke was pretty bent, so it took us about 40 minutes to get it repaired and get back on the road. We've carried that Cool Tool since the late 80s and NEVER used it. It was great to have it today.

Veronica

Sounds like fun (minus the broken chain). I'll have to put it on my calendar for next year.

Here's our pic from Party Pardee.

Veronica

Where's the pirate costumes?

-- Melissa

Thom won't wear pink. I went searching for a men's jersey that coordinated with the skull/chain ring and couldn't find anything I really liked. I'm not usually into the flamboyant jerseys - the green wool is traditionally more my style. But I really like my "pirate" one.

V.

No pink?

You should have told Thom being a pink pirate would put him in good company with the maglia rosa winners of the Giro...