Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Who's Racing this Weekend?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, who's having a little fun this weekend?

Sunday is the first race in the Bay Area Super Prestige Series. The race is at Hellyer Park in San Jose. Super-cool feature of the course is that we get to ride on the velodrome each lap.

Velo Girls should have a big crew of racers out there and lots of screaming, adoring fans too! I think it'll be me, Erin (E2theD), Yvonne, Janet, Sarah, Jen, and Lauren. Woo hoo!

Thankfully, I'm not racing CX this weekend (CX racing will resume next weekend) though I'll be racing the WORS XC season finale on Sunday. I need a little time to wrap my head around how painful CX racing was/is. I'd rather race a 2 hour XC race than a 45 minute CX race. It seems like that there is absolutely no time to recover in a Cyclocross race....which explains my mediocre finish last weekend.
    Just keep pedaling.

With bells on baby!

Erin
    Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiement. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little coarse, and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? Up, again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Cyclocross

Wish I could join you all in the Bay Area - Finally, the Desert Foxes are putting on cyclocross down south in AZ this year. I think I will miss the first one cause I think it is the same weekend as I am moving my parents down to Tucson. OH well, I'll catch the races in November.