Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Iceman!

Iceman!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone doing Iceman this year? This will be my first iceman, and well, my first race. I'm pretty excited about it, although a bit nervous. I have not been riding much at all lately, due to travel, work, weather, and whatever other excuse I can think of each day I'm definitely regretting that now! I really need to get in shape before the ride.

Let me know if you are planning on riding!

If you have never heard of the race, check it out here: www.iceman.com

Salsa,
    I see the registration is closed - did you get registered?

I see they have a division for lady clydes - woman over 145lb (compared to the mens division which is guys over 200 lbs).?! I'm offended I think that's total bs.

If that wasn't the freakin' motivation I needed to drop some weight....

I will not be a lady clydesdale
    Dar

Yep, there are people still selling tickets, you just have to find them. They'll pop up on the mmba.org board occasionally. That is how DH and I got our tickets. They sell out pretty quick.

I can't believe 145lbs is considered clydes!!! Man, I feel really big knowing that I'm getting close to clyde catagory. Like you said, it is good motivation to eat better.

what a bunch of...

clydesdale crap....really a big pile of poo....

145 my butt.....

Sorry, but that is bs...the entire category is bs....most of the races that I have been to, there are not enough women to worry about having a freakin'
    Clysdale category....

NONSENSE...get tickets and go kick some booty...I would join you but I live way too far away...

NONSENSE....

ruth

Goodluck Salsa! I want a race report, I'm planning on doing it next year and it will be my first mntn bike race too.

Do you know much about the race? I think it's 26 miles and I hear it is very sandy, however, by the time the women ride it is pretty well rutted out and shouldn't be too bad. Most of it is 2-tracks. I hope you have good weather. DH has raced Iceman a lot and has actually won it several times.

No iceman for me this year, but my brother is heading out with some of his teammates. Many of our Wisconsin racers will be there. The best of each category in the WORS series get a free entry into the iceman as a way to encourage state to state competition.
    Just keep pedaling.