Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sunflower Revolution III

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll be traveling to the Buckeye State to do the Sunflower Revolution III that benefits the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's Disease Research and Wellness.

http://www.sunflowerrev.org/

I just wanted to see if any other TE members would be doing the ride or could tell me about the area since I've never been there.

Thanks!
    "The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." -- Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

I don't know what to expect, but I want to hear about the ride! In 2004 I was diagnosed with a movement disorder that causes tremors like Parkinsons. That fall while I was having a complete "Why me?" moment I read a Bicycling magazine article about Davis Phinney. I was completely inspired to drop the pity party. This ride is one I want to do next year because I no longer say "Why me?". Part of it is finding the right neurologist and the right medicine, part of it is reading Davis' story.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Thumbs up Ohio is not flat!

This was an amazing ride for a great cause. I highly recommend it!

The ride started at Loveland, OH, north of Cincinnati and wove around the Little Miami river. The terrain was mostly rolling with a few "white knuckle" descents and a couple or steep "granny gear" climbs. Kudos to the ride organizers! The route didn't have to be well marked since there were actual volunteers at each turn pointing the way and police at each intersection blocking traffic! There were 3 rest stops on the ride featuring the normal spread of PBJ, bagels, bananas and oranges...and the first one had a hot pancake breakfast! Even though it was wicked cold (35 degrees at the start) the sun was out, the leaves were in full color and most of the ride followed along the river, so the scenery was amazing. At the park, which served as the start and finish for the ride, they had a catered lunch and live music. Not to mention that Davis Phinney and Connie Carpenter were there!

The ride was part of the Small Stack festival, so there were events going on all weekend and food and craft vendors at the park. It made a great weekend destination for the whole family unit.
    "The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." -- Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895