Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cinderella's!

Photos are up

To disable ads, please log-in.

Photos are posted from the second photographer. You have to look through LOTS of photos unless you know what time you passed.

http://www.photocrazy.com/2004/0327CIN/CIN.html

I'm having trouble making the link work.

How about an address: www.photocrazy.com

Talking She's Baaaack!

I'm so glad you guys all had a good time! I checked out the photos, then immediately got depressed! Damn I wish I could've been there!

So - who will be at the Tierra Bella this weekend? I'm working registration, look for the sleepy redhead (Yes, its from a bottle!)

Went back to the doc today - not Dr. Hunky, but my regular guy. He's got me on more drugs, says if it's not 100% better by next week I may have to go in for some kind of scan. Now I'm doing the HEALTHY SINUS DANCE!!!!

aka kim - how tough is Primavera?

Re: Photos are up

"Photos are posted from the second photographer. You have to look through LOTS of photos unless you know what time you passed."

so far I've found 4 sites with photos of the Cindy including this one and Tandemhearts (great photos of you gals)

I've linked all the ones I've found to date on my homepage

http://home.pacbell.net/dita_rae/bike.html

But I'm missing one, the photographers on the narrow bridge, remember that one? Wonder where those are at? Also yes, I'd like to do the Primavera who else?

(Trek) But I'm missing one, the photographers on the narrow bridge, remember that one?
    AG posted this in another thread (she is a wealth of knowlege!).."First guy" - Early in the ride just as you crossed a bridge. www.milesphotos.com/events.asp

(Snapdragen) So - who will be at the Tierra Bella this weekend? I'm working registration, look for the sleepy redhead (Yes, its from a bottle!)
    Lee & I will be there, we'll find you & say hi.
    ( ... redhead you say? since when? )

- Jo.

Originally posted by jobob
    Lee & I will be there, we'll find you & say hi.
    ( ... redhead you say? since when? )

- Jo.
    Ummmm, since last Thursday night......

If I can get back on the bike this weekend, I think I'll consider doing Primavera. Since I missed the Cindy ride that went up Calaveras, I want to see what I missed!
    Last edited by snapdragen; 03-30-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Doesn't Primavera go up the harder side of Calaveras?

I'm doing the Devil Mountain Double staff ride on the 17th, so we won't be doing Primavera. Have fun!

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 03-30-2004 at 07:47 PM.

hmmmm...On our training ride we went down the Wall - that trip down scared the bejeezus out of me
    .... but gotta warn you luv, the Primavera involves going UP that wall

(you could always ask Mellissa about it )

Primavera

Yep, Primavera goes UP the wall. I don't remember what the grade is, but it's really not that bad -- slow going but not impossible if you've got a triple. Palomares is tough too.

I'm doing the 100k, which has 4200 feet of climbing (according to the web site). It's a beautiful, scenic ride on roads with little traffic. When the weather's good, this is a great ride.

Tip for Climbing the Wall

As mentioned, the Primavera 100 mile and 100k routes go UP the Wall. There's a rest stop after you start climbing Calaveras but about a mile before you climb the Wall.

Here's my recommendation: do NOT eat a lot at the rest stop. It does not work well for climbing the Wall -- your stomach will not appreciate it. (Well, at least mine didn't. )

Eat lightly at the rest stop, and take some of the goodies with you for after you climb the Wall.

I'm still debating whether to do the 100 mile or 100k at Primavera this year....

-- Melissa

Re: Tip for Climbing the Wall

Originally posted by melissam
    .... and take some of the goodies with you for after you climb the Wall.
    Or, bring along a Krispy Kreme donut, or an In N Out burger, or a Cold Stone ice cream w. mix-ins - you'll deserve it ! (OK, scratch the last one, it won't travel well ...)
    That's one of the best parts about biking, I can reward myself (w/in reason) after a long ride and not feel at all guilty And I find even the most mundane things taste incredible after a long ride. That minestrone soup they served up after the Cinderella was delicious....
    Last edited by jobob; 03-31-2004 at 07:48 AM.

I'll be doing the Bike Around the Buttes up around Yuba City the same weekend as the Primavera - we have some friends w. a vacation home up there so we'll be joining them. I'm wussing out and only doing the 40 mile ride; my husband, on the other hand, will be doing his very first (mile) century ride, woo woo!