Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetree View Post
    Be especially careful on downhills when you are stopping at a light. I had a shaky stop last week, even going by the book. I stopped in the space between the go-ahead lane and the right turn lane. It was downhill, the road was damp with early morning dew and my foot came down on the slick painted line separating the lanes. Even at nearly 0mph, the cleats made things very slippery.
    Oh I know to avoid the white lines like the plague..and damp ones at that! My Keos are slick enough, I don't need a damp downhill making them worse. And those buggers are so big--it's hard to get enough weight on the little rubber bits on the heel.

My first stop on pavement a while back was on the trail near the shoulder. There was a slight slant to the left side, I put my left foot down and it promptly slid sideways out from under me. I managed to put a hand down and catch myself and the bike, to the amusement of onlookers. Good thing no one was behind me!

Downhill, I wind up doing this funny hop a couple of times while I try to balance grounded on that heel and hold the brakes. More funny hops if the bike is leaning because I don't make it all the way off the seat. Always getting an "Are you ok?" from someone. I swear the bike isn't too big for me.

Good replies!

The funny part is, I love all my war wounds. I was a very rough and tumble little girl, always covered in bruises and scars, and now I'm a 45 year old woman, once again covered in bruises and scars. The difference is, I keep showing my war wounds to people, and they can't understand why I think my bruises and road rash are cool...glad I have a community here that understands!

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Good replies!
    The difference is, I keep showing my war wounds to people, and they can't understand why I think my bruises and road rash are cool...glad I have a community here that understands!
    here here!!! and to top it off, I think my BF is proud of my war wounds as well. I've heard him talking about my riding to his buddies, and he always seems to start off with the part where I fell (not the fact that I fell while doing a 45 mile ride for the first time). I think it's his way of saying "look how tough my girlfriend is".
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"