Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK. This is a long discussion and, as Kitsune remarked, nobody will change opinion. I am one of those people who only uses headphones in airplanes -- I cannot stand them anywhere else. In part, I think they are a little bit dangerous, in part because I enjoy exercising and hearing the surrounding sounds. I agree with Cherinyc that the "idiot rule" applies and it is usually people that swerve unexpectedly while they ride hearing music (or talk on their cell phone). But it can also be someone who, if aware that someone is behind, would move a little further right on a bike path so they can be passed safely. Sometimes a bell and an "on your left!" are not enough.

Anyway, with my rant out of the way, a couple of days ago I saw the following product featured in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/02/te...ref=technology

If you click on the link to the MacFriends site, there is an Ipod bike mount that looks cool, too (if I ever decide to listen to music and actually buy an iPod)
    Last edited by pll; 11-05-2006 at 06:15 AM.