Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Please Need Apparel Help Fast!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I nned to purchase a pair of tights, no chamois, zippers by ankles. I have read other threads and wanted to puchase the Sporthill Pursuit II Tight but they do not have my size. Can I buy these tights somewhere else besides Team Estrogen? What are my other options? Also, I need a long sleeved base layer. Do any of you girls wear a base layer you think is great?
    I need these items before Friday when I am off for the Seagull Century. Please advise.

I'm not an expert by any means and have only been road riding for a year. Mostly I'm a mtn biker.

Anyway, I have a Craft base layer top that has served me very well. Craft makes some good items. I just saw a nice base layer from Specialized at my LBS. I'll probably buy one of them to try, also.

Can't offer any help for the tights.

Good luck shopping and with the Century!

Kerry

If you want skin-tight tights, I can say take a look at UnderArmor. I've been very happy with the compression shorts I've bought. You can find UA at most big-chain sporting goods stores.

Terry has some very nice Outdoor Research "Spectra" tights, which I am considering for when my current running pants really give up. (it's close) No ankle zips, but supposedly very stretchy. More like pants.

www.terrybicycles.com item #2728

Terry also has Sporthill Summit tights.

My favorite baselayer is Ibex wool. www.ibexwear.com In fact, I wore their bike capris this morning with one of their wool t's. And now I'm wearing their wool wmn's boxers and a wool t with my Levis.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 09-30-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Try Longscycles.com they run frequent bargains and I have bought some good stuff from them for our Massachusetts winters.

karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org