Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 57 outside

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz View Post
    Temperature aside, it's when my legs turn into alligator skin and start flaking off that is a bummer.
    Sue,
    Try getting one of those bath loofah type scrubbies or loofah washcloths and scrub down with some hair conditioner or some moisturizing bath lotion in the hot shower. You may be good for a week of soft flake-free smoothness afterwards.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    Try getting one of those bath loofah type scrubbies or loofah washcloths and scrub down with some hair conditioner or some moisturizing bath lotion in the hot shower. You may be good for a week of soft flake-free smoothness afterwards.
    if that doesn't work mix up some salt (regular table salt works or if you want a coarser scrub use sea salt) mix it with some oilve oil and scrub it on while in the shower. sloughs off dead skin, hydrates and makes you feel all soft. you can add oils to the mix to make it smell pretty too.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I swear by the Aveeno oatmeal products - body wash, lotion, oatmeal bath packets.... Haven't had any dry skin or excema since I started using it two years ago.

I HATE cold weather

Anything below 65 is cold. I prefer to wait until it gets warmer. Or, I grab the spin class at my gym.

BUT, when I do ride in the cold I have booties for my feet - if my toes are cold, I'm miserable. Black booties and black tights - makes you look like an elf. With a BIG WHITE HEAD.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid