Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

CyclChik --

both Sneak and Cassius were EXCELLENT fork feeders. Their flappy boxer lips didn't slow them down one wee bit! Khan is pretty good with a fork too.

Cassius was especially good with the kids' sippy cups....

(Sneak loved strawberries -- I had a strawberry patch that was supposed to be "everbearing" but for some reason seemed to be "neverbearing" instead. Then I discovered, one day when I saw one almost ready to pick: he was swiping them!)

Karen in Boise

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    CherinyC - "ex"? Did I miss something?
    By "ex" I am referring to my ex-husband, who I left a year ago (and should've left much much sooner). Me and current BF (the one who lead me to cycling) are still going strong!!

Thanks for caring though.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    My dog loves carrots, but they have to be warm carrots. I just toss a whole one into the microwave for a minute, then let it cool a bit.

I've started buying the giant bags of carrots at Costco so he can have a carrot a day. (he also gets a cooked egg, some plain yogurt, tastes of leftovers, and kibble)

Any other dogs out there who love veges?
    I've got 3 dogs. They all love eating fruits! But they more or less eat whatever i'm having for dinner, so it'll be japanese rice and beef, and they'll have the left overs someitmes.

ALthough i find that they don't seem to like jelly and agar. Usually they give the jelly desert a couple of sniffs and just walk away.
    Muahahahahaha! I know Kung Fu.

Mae loves carrots, I buy a bag of baby carrots. At the vets suggestion they replace some treats, also put leafy greens in with her kibble. She could stand to loose a lb or two like her Mom. She's lost 7 lbs which in dog weight is quite good!

That's mostly a credit to Mary, her dog walker.

One of her favorite games is "find it".

Dog does a long stay in one room while I wander the condo and hide the treats in another room, release her with "find it!". Maes job is find the room and the treats. To make it more interesting sometimes I load the treats in a toy.

I was talking to this customer at work (who works for advocacy group Marin cyclists so if you're lurking...thanks) a cheap recycleable dog toy is egg cartons!

Load egg carton with healthy dog treats of choice, close carton (use the paper type not plastic of course) hide or just give to dog.

Watch happy dog work to open the carton. Recycle remains of carton. Messy but fun for dog.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My 16 month old female Borzoi "shops" in the garden for whatever she likes. This year she has picked EVERY melon we had before it was big enough for us to pick. She would pull radishes and eat them - her FAVORITE was kohlrabi - which I ended up planting in the very middle of the garden because she kept pulling the plants before they had developed. She picked every cucumber that she could find before I could get to them as well...
    Bicycling is the number one reason for the increase in the ranks of reckless girls who become outcast women" ....unknown 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Bad JuJu View Post
    And my golden retriever (ca. same time period as Gator, the cocker) used to steal tomatoes out of my dad's garden. He kept chicken wire around the plants to keep rabbits out, but Sheena figured out how to work her snout under the wire and grab the tomatoes that grew lowest on the plants.

Cocoa, my current dog, likes seedless grapes.
    Watch out for the grapes, as they are on the "don't give to dogs" list.

Goldens will eat almost everything. My three goldens love lettuce, cantaloupe, carrots, tuna, bananas, yogurt, whipped cream, any kind of meat, etc. If they see me eating it, they want a bite. A guy at work has a golden, Annie, who came across a deer carcass in the woods. She was feasting on it until her dad came upon her impromtu picnic. He had a hard time getting her away from it!!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    My guys, Noah and Tasha, LOVE veges!!
    Carrots, red and green lettuce, cilantro. Why, they're bigger salad eaters than DH and me! Oh....and don't get between them and a slice of banana, unless you want to lose a finger!
    But, oh....
    wait...
    They're rabbits!
    Bwahahaha!!!
    Sorry...no pups, but I enjoy reading about the fun things they get into (even if you don't consider them digging up your garden "fun"!).

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    My guys, Noah and Tasha, LOVE veges!!
    Carrots, red and green lettuce, cilantro. Why, they're bigger salad eaters than DH and me!
    You had me going there!

As I read this, before I got to the punchline, I was thinking "Lettuce? Cilantro?" My Boston Terrier, who eats just about anything, won't touch things like that - weird texture, no taste, I guess.

But a rabbit....it all becomes clear!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow