Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What Have I DONE????

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I was a road rider, said that anyone who mountain biked was a FOOL - I mean who would want to go over rocks and fall down and get scratched up and muddy....well, apparently ME, that's who! I am now in love with mountain biking and my mountain bike, Rocky ...and our relationship is great. I love her, she loves me (although there are times that she forgets the laws of physics and dumps me on my butt to make sure I am paying attention). However, I now have a new mistress. Mind you, Rocky and I aren't in a monogamous relationship, and she knows I have other needs - like my Roadie, but I don't think she saw this coming. A new girl is coming into town in about three weeks- She's beautiful- And I don't know how to break it to Rocky....And I am also afraid that adding a new relationship to the mix will just dilute the ones I already have! So many loves, so little time. Maybe I will just sneak her down into the cellar in the dark and let them duke it out. But I really can't wait!! I wonder if she would want to go to a race with me??
    Last edited by telegirl; 09-27-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

Sweet!

Is your's red with discs like the one in the picture?

Congratulations, you now are part of a tetrad.

I love it!!!!! Beautiful red rider!!!!

I was so excited about the bike I downloaded the wrong picture! DOH!

She's orange and has discs (I know discs aren't legal in UCI events, but I doubt I will be doing UCI events)- LOVE disc brakes, especially in our northeast rain and snow, even though I went over the handlebars 6 times (that's right, that's not a typo, it would be SIX times) the first time I used them.

I can't wait till she gets here!
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of cross.

You have different lovers to fulfill different needs. At certain points in the season you'll spend more time with one than the others. And at other points that will change. They'll all understand.

BTW, I have way too many bikes. I see my coaching clients in my home (where all my bikes are stored). One of the most frequent questions I get is "which one's your favorite?" I don't have a favorite, but if I only had one bike it would be a cyclocross bike. A cross bike will do just about everything (except the track and maybe not time trials). But, I can ride trails, keep up with the roadies, commute, tour, you name it!

Congratulations on your new Lemond!!!

So, if your road bike is roadie and your mtn bike is rocky, what will you name your cross bike?

Well, Roadie got tagged without really getting to know her and Rocky got tagged as soon as I got dumped the first time over the bars- And she can climb. I will have to get to know the cross bike before naming her.

And I completely understand about 'favorites'- The question I like is "Do you like Road riding or mountain biking better?" They are so different that it is impossible for me to compare the two. I love them both for what they are!