Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

And...Women's Personal Safety Class Nov. 8

To disable ads, please log-in.

I didn't go to last week's class for a bundle of reasons and am now signed up for the same two hour evening class in November. They sent me an ecopy of the brochure to post here--see below.

Free

Women’s Personal Safety Class
    Wednesday
    November 8, 2006
    6:30 p.m.

Presented by the City of Redmond Police Department
    At the Redmond Public Safety Building
    8701 160th Ave. NE
    Redmond, WA

RSVP to Crime Prevention at (425) 556-2545 or via email
    wpsclasses@redmond.gov

Some of the topics cover:
    • How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery.
    • How to handle “road rage” and set up accidents.
    • How to handle armed encounters including car jackings.
    • How to make your home a “hard target.”
    • Use of force and your rights within the law.
    • Discussion of weapons for personal security, pros and cons.
    • How to decrease your odds of becoming a victim while at home.

The Redmond Police Department offers women’s personal safety courses several times a year. The class is appropriate to 15 year-olds and older and is designed to teach crime prevention techniques. This is not a self-defense course. The focus is awareness and other simple concepts that can help a woman reduce her chance of becoming a victim.

If you can attend this class, please RSVP to Crime Prevention at: (425) 556-2545 or via email at wpsclasses@redmond.gov
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

oh, hey, that's a night I could potentially make it.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

The registrar says the class is really worth making the effort to get to, if you can sort through my bad sentence structure. I'll be there! We could meet before for coffee, even---help get us there on time through the rush hour yuck.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

That sounds really good. I don't work late on Wednesdays, so I could get there early for coffee.

Do you wanna PM Quill? I think she had been interested in this, too.

Edit: ok, I'm signed up now.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 09-25-2006 at 07:28 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    That sounds really good. I don't work late on Wednesdays, so I could get there early for coffee.

Do you wanna PM Quill? I think she had been interested in this, too.
    I will do!

there have been 19 hits on this thread already. Anybody else wanna make this into a TE event?

November 8 Personal Safety Class

[QUOTE=KnottedYet;126932]That sounds really good. I don't work late on Wednesdays, so I could get there early for coffee.
    QUOTE]

I just signed up, too, as I'm not working that evening. And hey, you all could miss the traffic and ride the trail over instead Check the batteries in your headlights!

Cool! That's 3 so far!

Yeah, been thinking about riding over--I sure know the way! Do that trail all the time.

[QUOTE=LaBiker;127078]
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    QUOTE]

I just signed up, too, as I'm not working that evening. And hey, you all could miss the traffic and ride the trail over instead Check the batteries in your headlights!

I won't be going after all. I need to cover someone else's evening hours at work and will miss the class.

Dang!

I wish I could go but I have school in the evenings.
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)