Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

calling all you uk ladies!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm here in Essex wondering if there is anyone else out there.....I'm currently training for the CA Aids Ride 2007 (585 miles from SF to LA) and so I'm starting to put in a lot of miles. But so far I've always been riding alone. And since I'm new to this country, I'm not sure where the nices places to go are. So if there are any other riders out there within reach of Colchester, perhaps we could meet up some time? I'm up for any kind of riding, as long as it's not too fast. And I'm always up for a good cake stop along the way....

And if any of you have good suggestions for places to ride, or places to stop for a break, let me know. Preferably somewhere within reach of Colchester either by bike or by train. I'm a bit financially limited at the moment...

See you around?!

Eli

Hi uk_elephant,

I'm UK but quite a bit further north than you (Preston, Lancs). Have you been on the www.shecycles.com website. Its UK based and definitely has a few "southerners" on it.

UK, shecycles has a forum, and rides, and events Natch you'll want to check here first and bring them here and .... but....
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'll check out shecycles.com and see if there's anyone from around here on there. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone on here who's from the Westcountry? Especially Devon.

Or anyone who heads to the southwest for their cycling holidays

I am based in Birmingham but just been down in devon for the dartmoor cyclosportive and some general riding - also hit cornwall fairly often as lived there for a bit.
    Anyone else?

Hi Shorty.
    Devon has some great cycle paths and Sustrans + CTC + local Council are still active in creating more (and linking them up).

Cornwall is OK, but I find the steep hills occur with considerably more frequency than they do in Devon - esp from the beaches back up

But then, you maybe wouldn't mind that if you've done the 100K across Dartmoor and back. How long did the ride take you?

Cycle buddies in the UK

Hi to all

I am based in West Sussex in the UK and it would be great to find a training buddy. I am taking part in a charity cycle in Rajasthan, India in December and am scared that I am not pushing myself enough.

Anyone out there who is local or within an hour's drive I would love to hear from you!

Regards

Kristine
    Kristine

Must admit, I had to look up on googlemaps where west sussex actally is. Seems you are just south of Gatwick? Unfortunately that's a bit more than an hour drive from me I think, but you are welcome to come up this way for a ride if you want. I'm an hour on the train from London Liverpool st. station. Not sure how long of a drive it would be from where you are (I don't have a car, so I rarely drive places).