Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here are my two canine boys, Teddy the Gordon Setter and Parker the English Field Setter. They are both 4 years old and wonderful addtions to our home. Sorry if the picture is too large.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teddy and parker.jpg 
Views:	994 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	1516  

Here's two of my cats (we've got 11 cats).

This is our eldest, Lucy who is at least 16 years old. She is a rescue who had been so cruelly treated that she is badly crippled. You can see her paw turns under. She is a house cat only and thoroughly spoiled. We nearly lost her just before Christmas last year when she took seriously ill. Thanks to good vet care and a lot of TLC she pulled through and is now referred to as a "geriatric kitten"

This is the only cat Lucy gets on with - our odd-eyed white, very originally called...Snowy

Here are two of our snakes.

Byron my Royal Python (also called Ball Pythons) pretending to be a scarf

and Jake the Snake, or rescue Cornsnake. He'd been very badly neglected and also badly burned at some time He was sold to us for £10 beer money

He's a happy snake now

He's a beautiful colour and very good natured, really gentle but what he must have suffered with those burns. This is the worst scar

We also have a rescue Royal Python called Bobby. He'd been so neglected he was starving to death and had several layers of shed stuck to him. He was rescued by a reptile rescue centre then we gave him a home. He's very shy but also very gentle.

Last but not least we have an elderly GSD who runs when she sees a camera

We have altogether:

11 cats
    14 snakes
    and 1 dog

Smile My four...

Our cat Fizler is up first. He's the one my mother traded an apple for. A little kid in her neighborhood was going door to door asking $20 stray kittens, but he settled for an apple.

Then there's Cooler the 2nd. He wandered into our new yard a couple of years ago, skinny as all get out. I lured him to me with a can of tuna, and he's never left my side, since.

Next up is Charlie, who was just by for a visit, and Zeke our 3 year old shelter mutt. He has an unnamed quality which compels strange women to ask to give him full body hugs, which he, of course, adores. This picture was taken after they had frolicked in the rain for about 30 minutes.

Then there's the old broad, Perchance (Percy for short). As of this October, she will be 21 years old. She is just now beginning to show the wasting of age, and she is mostly deaf and half blind from cataracts. She is a Jack Russell mix who sneezes great gobs of stuff out of her nose every time she awakes, but we love her anyway. She is also the dog that just won't die--bitten by a copperhead, hit by a car, lost for days or months at a time. Sometimes we think she was mixed with a cat.

By the way, I know someone who is looking for a home for a full-blood Weimaraner and a full-blood Beagle. PM me.

I love this thread because I love looking at dogs and cats. Thanks for starting it.

Karen

Name:	Fizler.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	1517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fiz&Coo 002 small.jpg 
Views:	959 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	1518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie & Zeke small.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	1520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Percy.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1521  

Ok, I'll jump in.

First is Grey Kitty. He is about 15 years old.

Next is Miss Kitty. She is Grey's mom.

I inherited these 2 and one other from my parents. They were added to my kitty, Spike, who lived to be 21.

Gosh! Grey Kitten looks exactly like my Blue

Here's my mountain biking buddy:

Name:	Running-in-Lincoln-web.jpg 
Views:	966 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	1522  

Smile Wow!

Such gorgeous pets!! What a great thread
    Here is a link to my crew:
    www.geocities.com/tristar350/cats.html

Stop in and meet the gang, and read a little of their stories.

~Sherry.
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

our menagerie....

We have 2 cats, Bijan and AJ. And our saltwater tank which houses Bertha and Male 2.0 (our paired clownfish and yes our first guy had an unfortunate untimely demise), Buster the shrimp, and new addition Goby Juan Kenobi.

We also have livestock, which are strictly speaking not pets, but they sure are cool - I am working on establishing an alpaca herd. None live with us at present, but maybe in a few years. I had 2 newborns this year. Here's a pic of my newest baby girl, Hope. She was about a month old in this pic, and weighed 25 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tygab View Post
    We have 2 cats, Bijan and AJ. And our saltwater tank which houses Bertha and Male 2.0 (our paired clownfish and yes our first guy had an unfortunate untimely demise), Buster the shrimp, and new addition Goby Juan Kenobi.

We also have livestock, which are strictly speaking not pets, but they sure are cool - I am working on establishing an alpaca herd. None live with us at present, but maybe in a few years. I had 2 newborns this year. Here's a pic of my newest baby girl, Hope. She was about a month old in this pic, and weighed 25 lbs.

That alpaca is SO CUTE!!!!!!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Ok everybody I am LOVING your babies. So many of them I want to adopt but 4 dogs (5 if you count my moms poodle) keeps me way too busy. Here are my babies. (I'm not gonna bother with a pic of Dorey, my blood parrot fish, altho she is a beaut)

Name:	bongers_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	1523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoezoe_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	1524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeus_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	1525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schatzy_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	1526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boozy_edited-2.jpg 
Views:	917 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	1527  

~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

I love seeing everyone's pets. Thanks for sharing! Here's our three kids: Emma, Gypsy, Tom, and Al the Carrier Pigeon that just showed up one day and now regularly hangs out on our deck.
    Last edited by limewave; 12-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.

I like this idea. Here's our terrific family member - Maguire a 5 year old Irish Terrier.

Name:	P8220027.jpg 
Views:	920 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	1530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC160028.jpg 
Views:	915 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	1533  

Quote Originally Posted by Denise223 View Post
    Mr. Yoster & Ms. Lucy (tortie) playing with their new catnip blanket.
    OMG Denise! WHERE did you get those catnip blankets!?!?! My cats would go NUTS for them!

Great idea!

I only have a few of mine online. I'll have to upload some others.

This is Segfault, he's the brat child of a Siamese mom and a Siamese mix dad. Aloof, sometimes noisy, and he'll let you know when he wants something (otherwise leave him the $&*( alone!). He has people preferences (a mommy's boy) but will settle if he wants it bad enough. Huge suck up, too. He's about 8 years old. He thinks he's smarter than we are, but I can read him pretty well... I'm not sure if I'm the sucker or he is

This is Mo. She's the less bratty daughter of the same Siamese mom and probably some other neighborhood dad. She's timid, cute, but still has her moments of cattitude. She squeaks more than meows, except when she wants something (thanks, Siamese mom!). Her post is on the bed, all snuggled up between us or in right against your chest sleeping on your side. That way at 5:30 in the morning when you roll over in denial that morning is about to arrive she can meow, meow, meow until you acknowledge her existence and she purrr purrr purrrs. Mo is about 7 years old.

Mo's sister (same litter and all) is DC (D@mn Cat). She's friendly and hairy, with a little girly body and a little girly voice to go with it (90% hair, I swear!). She talks a lot in her little girly voice (a "mew"), and when she wants attention she'll kick the keyboard off your lap by sitting down and sticking her feet straight out. She's also a "creeper" -- if you don't want her on your lap (or near your food), she'll sit nearby and slooowly creep in. Before you know it, there she is, purring away. She's also 7.

Azrael was a stray we found when we were in college. He was in the bushes all meowy, and when we brought him inside, he cowered if you put your hand up near his face so we decided to keep him. Segfault was an only child until then, he and Azrael eventually got along. He's super super friendly, drools (he's improved a lot in that regard), and is very persistent. He doesn't have the "dog nose" (and ears) of the Siamese (who come at the sound or smell of anything associated with food within 2 miles), but he sure thinks he's a dog otherwise. He has a sensitive stomach (it goes in, it comes back totally undigested), so we have been feeding them all Hairball Control or Sensitive Stomach foods which has REALLY helped a lot (carpet appreciates it!). He's really big, and is a little older than Segfault based on the vet's best guess.

My dad's cat, Gilligan, has been around for YEARS -- she's older than my 13-year old brother. We're guessing about 15. She's a grandma, and we refer to her as "in retirement" -- she used to be more of an outdoor cat, but now if you go to close the door and she's outside, she gets paranoid and runs inside. She likes warm blankets, catnip toys, and to attack your feet as you walk by. She's looking for that one perfect shoe she can live the rest of her life with. Current enemies are Toilet Paper and Paper Towels... shredded on sight!

My dad's dog, Boots, was raised with cats and thinks she is one. Would love to sit on your lap all day, curls herself up into a little ball, and tries to play with the cats, too So far, Azrael is the only one that has come close, sometimes he'll nuzzle up against her and sleep near her, but is still a little intimidated. She's a Boxer-Rottweiler mix, and seems to have got the best of both worlds. You can't quite see, but her feet are white (hence the name!). She's about 3 years old.

That's the fam! (My dad and brother live with my husband and I, so we include everyone )

Me 'n Mae, my 6 year old shelter adopted mutt, I couldn't get the picture to load so here:

http://home.pacbell.net/dita_rae/pets.html
    Last edited by Trek420; 09-21-2006 at 08:50 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/