Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 15 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's toni, he is also at rainbow bridge....

It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Rabbits are actually abandoned because peole think they are cute (think like an easter gift for kids) and then realize they are work to care for. Poor chicks and bunnies get a raw deal at Easter.

And yes Pip does have a beautiful tail In act he has very nice fur. It's not that long but very full and soft, soft, soft, like mink. He is a love to stroke.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    That pretty much sums up a rabbit's plight - and sadly all animals. They are a commitment and can live for many years and require time, money, and dedication.

Rabbits are often portrayed as cute and cuddly. You just want to pick them up and hold them. But as a prey animal, being picked up usually means "They're going to EAT ME!!!" As a result, they kick, they scratch. They fight it. And they can hurt a small child (or an adult), and hurt themselves in the process.

Plus, yeah. Rabbits are famous for their procreational urges! A pet rabbit should always be altered by a qualified vet as it will eliminate a host of behavioral and biological "issues" that frequently lead to dumps - including those "surprise" arrivals!

(as you might guess, I'm involved in rabbit rescue!)

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam View Post
    Rabbits are actually abandoned because peole think they are cute (think like an easter gift for kids) and then realize they are work to care for. Poor chicks and bunnies get a raw deal at Easter.

And yes Pip does have a beautiful tail In act he has very nice fur. It's not that long but very full and soft, soft, soft, like mink. He is a love to stroke.
    it's so sad that that happens... and good gawd do NOT bring a new dog or cat into your household on or at christmas! BAD BAD BAD time! so many people get puppies for their kids and then in a few months they realize all the work puppies are... and they get banished to the backyard or shelter....

oh that makes me ANGRY!

disclaimer... i know there are serious pet owners who can bring animals into their house at ANY time of the year, including christmas and realize that they now have that pet for the rest of its life.... won't abandon i!!!! but soooooo many people out there aren't good pet owners.....

PETS ARE FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS! (or easter)

ok.... off my soapbox.....

my favorite picture of the four fuzzbutts:

brie, jasmine, bailey and tyler (rainbow bridge)
    (it was a very RARE thing to get all four of them in a decent and useable picture (i think i may have only one other!)

tyler and brie in the desert!

Cali - I didn't realize you have cat dogs!!!! (See my post above). I have a real afinity with the nordic/artic dogs cause I think they look like cats. At least weirdly in my mind.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

lol! maybe that's why they all get/got along so well! "poor" tyler was SO upset when he first came home cuz he LOVED kitties and kassie wanted NOTHING to do with him... i mean... she tolerated brie... realized she was here to stay and the same with tyler... but not cuddly... bailey (tyler's cat) and jasmine (brie's cat) both loved both dogs and vice versa! i have some wonderful pics of them all sleeping together all cuddled up! and jasmines LOVES to clean brie's face and feet!

The first is Civic and she is absolutely adorable.The second is her sister Ivy, who loves to burrow in comforters. The third pic, is the other sister, Karma aka 'mini panther' b/c of her size; she's a giant. The fourth is Samantha, whom we suspect was an old chinese secretary in her past life due to her 'personality' and how she loves office supplies. And the last is "the man of the house" Kanaeda, who is arrogant and is a good actor and beggar when he smells something yummy. I love them all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civic.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	2342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2111.JPG 
Views:	489 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	2343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kool Karma.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	2344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samantha.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	2345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The man and the porch.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	2346  

WOW! That's a house full of cats (or a "cat" house?). All beautiful especially the big guy.

No as bad as one of my friends. He ahs such a soft heart for kitties. He now has 12. I keep reminding him he's beginning to act like a hoarder and needs to find homes for some of them.

I would have more if I had the time and room. It's alway hard for me to past up taking in another cat if one needs a home.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Here is my dog, Zaboo... I finally got a digital picture of him! (Um, I guess I should have vaccumed the rug first...)

And my Weaving Supervisor - Baxter Black.

Name:	Zaboo crop.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	2424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baxter Dec 2006 2.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	2425  

Here is some of my gang. I post some more pictures after I return from my ride.

The first one is my daring Penelope. She is 8 months old and full of energy.

The solid black kitten is Penelope's sister, Twister. She has me wrapped around her little paw!

The third guy is my old buddy, Chip. He is my gentle giant. He was feral when I rescued him and it has been a joy to watch his confidence grow.

The fourth picture in this post is my old gal, Munk. She is sweet but does not feel she should have to tolerate the other critters in the house. It is very evident she feel like she is the queen.

Name:	penelope re2006.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	2444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twister on desk.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	2445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chip 2006.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	2446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	munk re2006.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	2447  
    Marcie

Since my crew is rather large I'm sending them in chunks, here is the second round....

The first guy in this set is Churchill. Churchill was found lifeless on a rural road on Derby Day 2004. The good Sam who found him brought him to the clinic where I work part-time. Churchill had a broken right rear leg and his left femur was dislocated. I had just put my beloved cat of 17 years, Scooter, to sleep earlier in the week and could not bear to see this guy put down so I agreed to take him home and nurse him. As we worked on him he wrapped his front paws around my forearm and purred, his steel blue eyes melted my heart. We also learned he had been declawed and had a retained testicle. Our best guess is his owner had intentions of using him as a stud cat until they discovered his testicle issue at which point they dumped him.

The second guy in this series is my buddy, Figaroe. He is best decribed as a clown in a cat suit. He was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism last year. I had him treated with radioactive iodine, which in turn destroyed his thyroid so he, like myself, now is hypothyroid. We both take medication for this issue.

The next cat in this set is my snuggle buddy, Margulis. I found her late one night in our school's parking lot. She was a starving kitten who gladly accepted the food I had to offer as well as a ride home in my pet taxi.

My last cat, is Phoenix. I rescued her on St. Patrick's Day 2006. She, I suspected had been dumped by some people in the apartment complex where my boyfriend lives. She had been hanging around his apartment for over a week begging for food and pets. She reminded me a lot of my buddy Scooter so she came home with me. Once home I discovered she had been declawed and on close inspection I learned she had been spayed. I guess her previous owners moved and decided to toss her for no one answered my ad in the newspaper or had posted any "lost" signs at the local clinics, complex office or pet stores. She is a real bed hog!

Name:	churchill re2006.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	2448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	figaroe re2006.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	2449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	margulis re2006.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	2450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix re2006.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	2451  
    Marcie

Here is, I promise, the last set of pictures of my remaining buddies.

The big guy is Gaston my 5 year old Great Dane. I adopted him from a Great Dane rescue organization 4 years ago. He came with a lot of baggage but I think we have unpacked and dealt with most of his issues. He is in reality a big baby.

The next guy is my blue tick hound, Zorro. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed but he is one very happy dog. He and Gaston are best buddies. It was love at first sight.

The third picture is of my bunny, Marconi. He loves peanut butter!

Finally, the last picture is of my chinchilla, Zephyr. She loves raisins and does not want to be touched - unless you have a raisin in hand for her. She provides a lot of entertainment for my kittens and Phoenix.

I do not have a picture of my long haired guinea pig, Watson, but he is by all accounts a cutie!

Name:	gaston re2006.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	2452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zorro re2006.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	2453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marconie re2006.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	2454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zephyr re2006.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	2455  
    Marcie

awe they all are so cute! where do you find room for all of them?!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Yay!!!!
    Another bunny!!!

But, holy smokes! That's a lot of critters.