Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Ultimate Frisbee?

To disable ads, please log-in.

A few years ago, I had a try at this game.While I wasn't that good, I did find it fun.

While looking on the web today, I found a site dedicated to frisbees & it said that it was the start of the season. So this evening, I am going to ride out to the Manly Ultimate Frisbee club beginning sessions. I haven't thrown a frisbee for a while, but I'm sure it'll be fun. One of the main reasons for thinking of taking up the sport, is because I feel like doing some cross-training.

Has anyone given Ultimate a go?

We used to play this as an alternative workout for my college swim team. Every once in a while, instead of jumping in the pool, we'd get to run around outside in real clothes like the rest of the athletes! I haven't played since I had my nose broken by running into one of the biggest guys on our team (about 6'4" and 260 lbs!)!! Needless to say, not my favorite thing...running around looking up in the air and not where you're going! Not to discourage...just my own clutzy bad luck!!! Good luck and enjoy!
    ~Sarah~

Check out My Team: Sturdy Girl Cycling

Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. -Mark Twain

So the beginners session went well.
    First of all we practised the two different throws.
    Then we were told the rules & basic ideas behind the game. Words like Stacks, offence, Defence & blocking were meantioned.
    The "game" was a bit unorganised but we did our best anyway. My team lost, but I had fun anyway. There's another beginners session next week, then the local leagues will begin.
    I reckon I'll give it a go but that's not to say it won't be a challenge.

Ultimate is a great sport! If my knees could take it, I'd be playing Ultimate, too.

I'd rather watch Ultimate than soccer or football or basketball or golf or...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson