Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smells Like....

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    Kipling wrote some great poems and one line from one of his poems really stands out and screams to heard in this thread.

"Smells are surer than sight or sound to make the heart-strings crack"

So true

Very good quote and so true. I was thinking about this thread yesterday. Our receptionist at work is an older woman (late 50's or early 60's) and a heavy smoker, she wears too much Beautiful by Estee Lauder perfume. My Nanny switched to Beautiful when I was in 4th or 5th grade and is a heavy smoker. I don't smell the smoke on her, but she has a distinct smell from the combination of her perfume and smoke. Yesterday, after talking to our receptionist, I was fondly reminded of my Nanny and made a note to call her after work. It is funny how our receptionist's habit I hate combines with her perfume in the same way and makes her smell so comforting. I think it is probably overwhelming for most of our co-workers, but it makes me feel good.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

smelly

Favorite smells-

The smell on Sheets & clothing after they've dried on the line. (no fabric softners, just from the washing machine to the line that's all)

The smell right after a match is lit..(no i'm not a pyromaniac & don't light matches very often)

Miso soup
    The fresh smell after you've cleaned & aired out your house
    Roobois tea & honey
    Roast with fresh garlic
    Hot water & soap
    Seaweed & the ocean

I don''t understand how a baby smells nice....

c

Silly Putty (takes me back a lot of years)
    Plasticine (see above)
    Gas (as in when you're filling up your car - not as in a substance-abuse problem)
    freshly cut grass
    BBQ hamburgers (and I'm a vegetarian!)

Lise reminded me of this, but for some reason every FRICKIN' time I smell Playdoh I want to EAT IT!!!! It smells YUMMY to me!!!

Just another one of my weird idiosyncrocies I guess...
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

I spent my CHILDHOOD eating Playdoh. The kid equivalent of a salt lick. Still love the smell.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Mmmmm... playdoh. Oh, yeah.
    I went on a binge one time when I was around 4 y.o. and got really sick. Actually, now that I look back, it wasn't the actual playdoh that made me sick. It was whatever my mom had to give me to release it when it got "stuck in there". Still love the smell of it though.

the smell of...
    Early morning breeze off the ocean
    Orange blossoms
    Fresh cut grass
    Honeysuckle
    Fresh brewed coffee (don't drink it though - hate the taste)
    Steak sizzling on the grill
    Wild mint tea on the edge of my yard
    Strawberries
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

I love the smell of fresh, rich alfalfa hay; a new bed of woodchips in a horse's stall; the scent of wet horses when they come in from autumn rain; the combination of leather and horse that emanates from the tack room; I love to inhale my horse's breath; and the scent of wet arena dirt; the sweet smell of a brand new corn broom...

[QUOTE=Lise;124930]Oh, yes, puppy paws! They smell like Fritos!
    QUOTE]

yes yes yes - paws smell like Fritos. What's up with that? I would definitely say that (crazy as it sounds) the smell of my dog is one of the most comforting to me.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"