Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Australia is AWESOME!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Now, I know all of YOU know that... but man, I just had to let you know what a wonderful time I had. The community was so terrific. People were kind, helpful, and generally just great!

I did many nerdy tourist things... and a few not so nerdy things...

Did the Sydney Bridge Climb... fun!

Did a 10 hour "walkabout" of the Blue Mountains. Walkabout my butt. It was a hike/climbabout. Dang near killed me It was the highlight of the trip for me. It was guided by a man of the Darug Clan... who is on the council and knew a LOT about Aboriginal Culture and bushmedicine. We had to carry our own gear, including food and water, and went from the top of the mountains, down to the rainforest floor and back up several times. All on foot, hiking. It was an absolutely amazing experience.

Went to Cairns as well... did Kuranda, the Skyrail, Hartley's Crocodile Farm, white water rafted teh Tully River, and snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, where I got lucky and swam with a sea turtle for almost 5 full minutes!!!

The birds, the critters, the butterflies... oh my! Got pics with kangaroos and a koala... and was completely and totally enthralled with flying foxes!

Now I have no doubt these are things you see with regularity... but we just don't see those things here.

You were all right... Tim Tam's rock... but I fell in love with 2 other things... Anzac Biscuits, and that super soft black licorice you have...

thanks for everyone who offered suggestions and input prior to the trip... I printed those things out and crammed as much into 2 weeks as I could. I can't wait to come back and go birding in the outback next!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Wow sounds like you had fun. I have been thinking about you and wondering how your were enjoying your getaway. Glad to hear you are thinking about another trip down under. Let me know when you plan it and we will get together for a ride or a bird spotting expedition.

PS - when I get back to Aust I will send you some more Licorice (I love it too).
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!!

Maybe next time you can have a ride in the Blue Mtns with some of us locals!

Glad to hear you had fun bikerchick!
    @LIGHTSABE*R(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beginner Triathlete Log