Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Seattle TE Gathering/ride tomorrow/sat 9am

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey guys, it's here, tomorrow is our big day! i hope no one has forgotten!
    where are we meeting exactly?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

The plan is to meet at Logboom Park (Kenmore) at 9 am. The forecast is for sunny/cloudy combo. No rain!
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Salsa said the restrooms and cute beach area are closed, but that there are portapotties in the parking lot. I plan to be parked somewhere in the parking lot, near the porta-potties. (good landmark, hey?) If I can't park there, I'll still head toward the PP's and start looking for folks.

I'll be looking like my avatar, and a friend from work will be there with her yellow c'dale.

I'll be on the Kona, not the Waterford. (Yet...)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Just so you guys know, the TE term is "elephants" as in "I plan to be parked near the elephants."

FYI, it's an aka_kim-ism.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Meetcha at the Elephants, girls!

Dang, I hope I remember to set my alarm. And pack my waterbottles. Ooh, no, I gotta wash them first. And where is my comfy shirt? Are my thin socks clean? Gotta go...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

TODAY IS THE DAY!

(and I did set my alarm after all!) See you at the elephants!

Saturday TE Ride

Thanks to everyone for making today's Sammamish Trail ride such fun. I dropped out to transfer some equipment to my friend's car and was going to sort of sprint to catch up. I met the wall of dogs, dismounted, and walked my bike back to my car!

Hope lunch was good.

Marsha

LaBiker - it was fabulous to meet you, we must do this again.

Hey! We waited for you on the bridge and again just off the bridge, but thought you had gone to the car and left. DARN!!!

Those doggies were pretty serious.

Next month, the October Seattle TE ride!

Photos? Adventures? Please explain the "wall of dogs"...
    Keep calm and carry on...

MimiTabby posted photos in the daily rides thread. yay, Mimi!

The Wall of Dogs was the Humane Society's dog walk, which came out onto the trail for a bit. I had to put my foot down and scoot throught that bit because the dogs and leashes were everywhere.

Farther up the trail I'd had to stop dead on the trail because some woman (not too smart) was letting her dog run loose and he was going everywhere. He decided to stop right in front of me. His owner was not concerned. He was actually a bigger danger than the Wall of Dogs.

Oh, the ride was such fun! Next one is October!

I'm totally sorry I didn't make this ride.... I thought about borrowing my mom's funky and too-small mountain bike just so I could go. But yes, the good times will be forthcoming next month. Don your waterproof jackets, ladies, and we'll go for a ride!
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

It was so nice to put faces with names. Sorry I had to cut out early but I sure had a nice ride with everyone yesterday. I was lucky and I missed the wall of dogs . Hope we can do it again.

Kathy

It was lots of fun, and we're on for October, too! Thanks to mimi for the pix. It was really delightful to meet and ride with you all. LaBiker and dakay, glad to know you ended up OK. I have to say that except for the unleashed dog, the wall of dogs was really cute to see and manageable to ride through. I love seeing dogs and kids and everyone else on the trail.

After the 28 miles back to Logboom, I went back up the trail to do my Bothell campus hill and then returned to Logboom, so ended with a total of 40 miles. It's hard for me now to go past that hill and not do it, since I know how sorry I'll be the NEXT time I have to do it. So I'm happy I did!

Yes! I had an excellent time too. It was great fun meeting friends in person.

I was amazed at how quickly and easily the ride was compared to when I first rode to Merrymoor Park. Time seemed to fly it came to an end too soon.

When Knotted said she was going to continue on to go to see her new bike, I figured I needed to tag along. On the south end of the BG trail, the wall-o-dogs was replaced by the wall-o-UW-Husky-fans.

The guys at ReCy weren't able to bring Knotted's new bike out but I am happy to report I stood in the same building.

As it was still a lovely afternoon, I twisted Knotted's arm and we finally made a long planned vist to Aqua Verde to watch kayakers paddle, eat Mexican and last-but-not-least sip handmade Margaritas.

Ah, the good life....
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton