Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tour de Pink is Sunday!

To disable ads, please log-in.

And of course, there is a 40% chance of rain! Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me that the rain will hold off until after we're done riding! (unless of course it makes it difficult for you to ride your bike with your fingers crossed -- then just think dry thoughts.)

I will be doing the 47-mile ride -- my longest ride to date! Can't wait to meet Toni from this board Sunday morning!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the rain holds off till later in the day. Maybe I can do this one with you all next year. You and Toni enjoy yourselves.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

hey midgetcycler,

I'm doing the Tour de Pink too (63-mile), and I'm not worried too much about the rain. According to weather.com, it isn't supposed to cloud up until around noon. If it starts on time (it did last year), we should be done well before the rain hits. Of course, the weather channel has let me down before.

On a non-weather note, have you picked up your ride packet from Bike Barn yet? They have a sample on display of the Trek Project One they're raffling off (if you win, you build your own, I think), and it may be one of the prettiest bikes I've ever seen. Of course, I'm a pink bike nut.

Quote Originally Posted by amelia05
    hey midgetcycler,

I'm doing the Tour de Pink too (63-mile), and I'm not worried too much about the rain. According to weather.com, it isn't supposed to cloud up until around noon. If it starts on time (it did last year), we should be done well before the rain hits. Of course, the weather channel has let me down before.

On a non-weather note, have you picked up your ride packet from Bike Barn yet? They have a sample on display of the Trek Project One they're raffling off (if you win, you build your own, I think), and it may be one of the prettiest bikes I've ever seen. Of course, I'm a pink bike nut.
    I have some other friends doing the 63-mile route. I would try to hang with them and do the longer route, but they ride pretty fast and I really want to try to enjoy the day rather than huffing and puffing to keep up with them the whole time. I am going to start the day with them until the first rest stop or two (assuming we have the same route) and then take my time on the rest of it.

No, I haven't picked up my packet. I live out in Katy, which is about 30 miles from that Bike Barn, so I couldn't justify going all the way into town just to pick up a packet. We will be heading up to The Woodlands tomorrow though, so I might be able to get away with a detour!

If I won that bike, I would be a very happy girl. My only question is, does it have to be pink?? I am a RED girl (I do live in Katy, after all), so I would prefer it to be red.

I am going to PM you my phone number. Call me Sunday morning before the ride starts!!

from what they were saying when they gave me my tickets, the display was just a sample--the prize is a P1 bike that you design yourself. So red would totally be an option.

I can't wait!!! This will be my first ride with other people (besides the GF ) I'm doing the 12 miles, but can't wait to get out there and ride!! I have only been riding in the city, so the mere thought of riding out in the open is making me ecstatic!! I use clipless pedals (Haven't fallen yet, I guess I am waiting for this Sunday to totally embarrass myself) and am looking forward to riding longer than a block and have to unclip. I will be calling you midgetcycler. I bought 25 raffle tickets, that bike is beautiful just the way it is!!
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives."
    Braveheart

http://www.foodandpoker.blogspot.com/

It is raining here in Katy as I type. I am very nervous about tomorrow! But I will be there rain or shine. I just may decide to do a shorter route than I had originally planned.

I'm leaving the house in about 30 minutes girls! Are y'all ready?

Well I survived it and I did get a chance to meet amelia05. (Hi Joy!) I had a blast. Did most of the ride by myself and made great time. Did the 47 miles in right at 3 hours. Now I'm exhausted and ready to go hop in the pool!

Here's a pic of me and Joy (I'm on the left)

OK do y'all see the link? I see it in my post, but not when I submit it. What's up with that?? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	of=50,590,442.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1399

Sorry I missed you....

Glad you had a great ride......I did the 12 miles in just under 50 minutes. I started after everyone else because I have never ridden in a group before and I wear those clipless gadgets and didn't want to fall in the middle of a group of riders, or fall on anybody. I had a $100.00 bet with one of the doctors I work for (she is a huge runner, but not a cyclist); I passed her in the last mile and finished first, and she finished second. The moment I got off the bike, I realized I was sore, but, oh, so worth it!! What a great day for a ride!!! Do you have any plans on doing the Lions Biking for Sight ride on Sept. 24?? I'm thinking about it.

Way to go on the 47 miles...someday I will be there!!
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives."
    Braveheart

http://www.foodandpoker.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    Do you have any plans on doing the Lions Biking for Sight ride on Sept. 24?? I'm thinking about it.

Way to go on the 47 miles...someday I will be there!!
    I would like to do that ride too, but I think my family would list me as MIA if I did it. Two rides in one month might be pushing it. Thankfully, they are very tolerant of my new "hobby/exercise," but I don't want to push it!

<<and plus, I really can't think of another long ride until I at least clear up the diaper rash from this one!! >>

biking for sight

My Tour de Pink was good too...if slow. I was about 2 minutes slower this year than last year. I was about 10 lbs lighter and trained a lot more for it last year, though, so I guess that's to be expected. It was nice meeting you, midgetcycler!

Toni, I was going to do the biking for sight ride with my husband, but now we're considering the Bike Barn wine ride instead. I did the Biking for Sight ride a couple years ago (42-mile), and the route is great. Nice and shady through the national forest parts, small rolling hills throughout. I also did the 63-mile course for the TX Cycling Classic last year (they start from the same place, use the same routes), and it was nice too...though the hills were a bit, um, hillier on the longer course.

I would really like to know what BRAINIAC decided to put the hills at the end of this ride!! I know they weren't big hills, but they sure took the wind out of my sails! I saw a couple of other people have to stop and take a breather for a minute after getting to the top. We all agreed that was cruel and unusual punishment to have to endure those SO CLOSE to the end of the route!

totally with you there! I'm a terrible climber (not enough practice ), and those hills did me in. Uphill finishes are just mean.