Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

OW! Saddle sore?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Bear with me if this topic has been hashed to death earlier. I'm new on this forum, but I'm at work and don't feel I can take the time to check out all the old topics (And thank god I found a women's forum, because I *don't* feel like discussing this with my fellow cyclists = male colleagues.)

I commute by bike, and spend almost an hour and a half daily on my trusty old Trek 6000 from 1998 (original saddle). I've been doing this for several years but recently I've been a bit more diligent about biking *every* day, often one day in the weekend as well.

But now I spend most of my time pedaling standing up... as I have a flat, raised "bump" more than an inch long right between where my thigh stops and my labia start, to put it that way. It's where the skin is thinnest and I can feel bone the easiest.

It's not a sore or a cut or a pimple (I've had those too), but is under the skin. I am going to see a doctor tomorrow, but if someone would like to reaasure me that I haven't got skin cancer but just a <insert harmless condition> I would be very happy

And if someone could recommend a really good womens saddle for everyday use that would be terrific!

it's most likely an irritated cyst but always best to have it checked out by a professional! you will feel relieved after your doc visit, i suspect.

Saddle recs: Brooks B67, Brooks B17S, Terry Liberator/Sport

( www.wallbike.com for Brooks, www.terrybicycles.com for Terry)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find one of those saddles here in Norway.

The dr. said it looked like a lipoma, with an infected hair sac thrown in for good measure. "Try not to bike for a week". Uh, yeah, right

Luckily I'm going on a climbing vacation soon, so will have an enforced bike-free 2 weeks.

Ugh! I've had tons of little cysts- I've always just kept on biking and just waited them out. They can last for months, too, sometimes thinning a bit and then coming back and eventually going away. I'm pretty sure that they're not directly seat related the same way that chafing is, since they always seem to occur in the creases that never contact the seat. It's just entirely too easy to irritate the hairs down there and get one to be massively ingrown.

my saddle of choice is the Selle Italia Lady - have been trouble free since using it and I ride about an hour each day of the week and longer on weekends....
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find one of those saddles here in Norway.

The dr. said it looked like a lipoma, with an infected hair sac thrown in for good measure. "Try not to bike for a week". Uh, yeah, right

Luckily I'm going on a climbing vacation soon, so will have an enforced bike-free 2 weeks.
    Hey, LPH, you can just do a day trip to Great Britain and visit the Brooks factory! I'm jealous already!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.