Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Terry Damselfly

Terry Damselfly

To disable ads, please log-in.

This saddle is the least comfortable saddle I placed my butt on since the days of the old Selle Italia Turbo (read: "rock"). I have ridden the Selle Italia Flite (which I love as it is so flexible), WTB Speed She (pretty plush), Selle Italia Ladies Trans Am, and a few others. The cut out on the Damselfly is placed just so it puts intense pressure on either side of the hole. I have the saddle installed perfectly level and if I go more than $20 miles, I am just in pain. I am sort of surprised Terry of all companies makes such a miserable saddle.

I also found the D-fly quite uncomfortable. You can read my review of this saddle here:

http://www.girlbike.com/reviews/terrydamselfly.html

I wrote the second review ("Emily"). However, the other reviewer loves it, so it just goes to show "different strokes for different strokes"! It's amazing how different we all are.

Unhappy

I know Emily and we've talked about the Damselfly and I was a believer but now I'm ready to switch. (and I'll be looking at the "favorite saddles" postings for ideas). The Damselfly is very hard, but it is one of the narrowest women's saddles around for those of us with narrow sit bones. 20-30 miles is about my limit. Oh, if I could just find the right combo of saddle and cycling shorts, riding would be perfect

I love the Damselfly even on centuries.

I love the feel of the Damselfly (I prefer a firm saddle on my road bike because I'm tilted forward more) but the rear platform is just slightly too narrow for my sitbones. I recently replaced it with a Butterfly for a tour, and the saddle sore that's been giving me problems for the past two years cleared right up.

Can anybody suggest a wider saddle with the same level of hardness?
    A goal is a dream with a deadline

Selle San Marco is well known for producing a firm perch. And unlike the Terry, the foam does not compress down on longer rides, it stays firm. Both the Atola and the Aero are recommended for women. They are wider than the Damselfly, have a good cut-out, & are most certainly firm.

Just got a new Bianchi Axis cyclocross bike (built up for me by my son) and I had him put a Damselfly on it. my other choice was the Butterfly. I have an old Liberator on my mountain bike and I have always liked it. Have an Atola on my road bike and I like that. HOWEVER, I have done 2 short rides on the Damselfly and I do not like it. I thought I would like a slightly narrower saddle than the Liberator. The hard edge about half way back on the Damselfly is killing me. Anyone want to buy it?? I had a sore starting in 5 miles. Definately different "sits" for different folks! The bike is great though! I figure that with 3 bikes I'm good for the duration! (at least that is what I told DH)