Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Foot Injury

Foot Injury

To disable ads, please log-in.

Cuz I may be one of the more accident prone folks on this board....

My bikes were getting a wee bit crowded in the garage so I cleaned it out to give them more room (we must take care of our babies you know). While moving the bike trailer, I either dropped it or just ran my foot into one of the metal bars, and hit the bone where the big toe comes into the foot (that bone/joint on the inner side of the foot). I had sandals on and it bruised and swelled up a bit. I said a few choice words and thought all was well.

It's been a couple weeks and it's starting to hurt after being on my feet for the day. I have a lump on that bone now. It doesn't hurt to touch it until the end of the day and I can walk fine. I tried on some ballet style shoes the other night and it about killed me because the shoe hits right on that bone/lump. I don't think it's broken but any idea what it is and what the heck I'm supposed to do about it??

I hate to go to the dr. for something like this so I'm hoping someone can shed some light. Calcium deposit or something and will it go away - soon?!

TIA
    Dar

ouch! my i'm having sympathy pains for you.

not sure what's wrong or what it could be. but one time i smacked my baby toe so hard against the tile i had many choice words and a big owie. it went away on its own after a while. lump and all, thankfully didn't lose the toenail either. hurt for a good long time.

was it hurting all the time before or just now that its hurting when your up and moving around on it? have you tried putting ice on it and taking ibprofin to help with the swelling?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

OK klutz, your arm is just starting to improve some and now this. Is this perhaps your subconsious trying to get you out of that jogging that you hate so much?

Maybe it's time for some of your famous Margarita therapy.

I have had foot injuries in the past that I let go without having a pediatrist (forgive my spelling) check it out.

Big mistake. I now have feet problems that will never go away without surgery.

See a doctor. Even if it turns out your foot is ok, the peace of mind is worth every penny.
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Have a doc check it out. If your feet ain't right, ain't nothin' right.

(I know...)
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Sue,
    See what kind of trouble I can get into when I can't ride my bike?? I was gonna name my bike Murphy...maybe it's more accurate to call me Murphy...
    And YES, this is probably happening because of lack of margarita therapy

Petra, that's always my fear. Guess it can't hurt to call - maybe the nurse will know what it is.

I can only wear my tennis shoes. I rode my trainer last night with cycling shoes. It didn't hurt while I was riding but once I took my shoes off it did.

Off to make the call - thanks!
    Dar

margarita therapy always helps!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Alright, got it checked out - BUNYON! Man, I thought that was for old people (now I feel old). Guess it's the bone in the foot that's moving out so the lump is acutally the head of the bone. No wonder why it hurts.

I had a chiro appt last night and told him about it so he adjusted it - pulled my big toe out until it popped, then did it to all my toes and told me to do it myself at home. Said it was the beginning of artheritis and that everyone should do that to their toes to keep the bones in place since we use our feet so much. I did set up an appt with a pediotrist, but can't get in until Oct 24th. Maybe several more adjustments will help so I don't need any drastic measures.

A maragita sure couldn't hurt though.....Petra and MOB, thanks for giving me the shove to get it checked out!
    Dar

I'm so glad you got it checked out Dar! Please keep us posted with what the podiatrist says. Hopefully you caught it early enough to prevent any permanent damage.

Maybe you should have a spa pedicure to make your foot feel better? Always works for me
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Dar--do whatever your doctor tells you to take care of that foot! I had two horrible bunions (its hereditary). A couple years ago I had a bilateral bunionectomy--now I have two screws in each big toe. I'm so thankful for the surgery, I no longer have that biting pain in my feet! But, I don't wish a bunionectomy on my worst enemy. They are awful, awful surgeries.