Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Decadence and Indulgence ( thought for food)

To disable ads, please log-in.

not a typo <g>

We're always trying to be so good about what we eat .... time to at least talk about if even we don't often eat it.

My favorite decadent indulgences:

Cheesecake. Really good NY style, preferably with a sweet sour cream topping, butter graham cracker crust, ,and maybe a raspberry sauce. After a really good steak dinner.

I had this turtle ice cream cake from Albertson's supermarket, at a friend's house, that was pretty much to die for. I was a good girl, only had two tiny slices but it was calling to me all night... creamy vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, cookie crust, some nuts, whipped cream and maybe some caramel....

Nainamo bars.... really good Canadian treat made out of butter, chocolate, crushed nuts and custard powder.

last but not least, high quality Oreo ice cream. Once a year on that one.

ok, your turn to fess up.

Irulan
    Last edited by Irulan; 02-23-2004 at 03:24 PM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Homemade Milky Way cake (which I don't make often)
    chips n dip (cuz I don't keep 'em at home)
    Yes, yes, yes! to ex-cel-lent heavy duty, real cream cheese, eggs, buttery crust cheesecake!
    and any exotic dessert at a good restaurant
    movie popcorn @the buck movie house
    yeah, that's my list...for most part

Thumbs up Snax

Double chocolate Oreo cookies with milk.

There is a restarant here called Max's that makes a killer Fudge Brownie Hot Fudge sundae.......

Tin Roof Sundae ice cream from our local maker - Treat Ice Cream Co.

Decandence and Indulgence

Well lets see, B & J ice cream just about any flavor. Rich dark chocolate cake with fudge frosting. Defiantly cheese cake. And Dark chocolate of any kind. But then can one live without chocolate I ask???
    Dea

Originally posted by grannydea
    But then can one live without chocolate I ask???
    I would think no.
    My decadence of choice is Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Back in my chubbier days I used to be able to down a whole pint of it in a single seating, I kid you not.

I knew we had a lot in common! That's my favorite Ben and Jerry's too.

If you like peanut butter and chocolate, Dreyer's Dreamery is pretty good. I also like their Coney Island waffle Cone.

V.

mmmm...

i think i'm gaining weight just thinking about this topic!!

i'm with irulan about the nanaimo bars... they are so delicious, but they're sooooo easy to make my mom keeps 'em aound at christmas. and then we wonder why it's so hard to keep away from junk food over the holidays.

this topic is very timely... i'm in the midst of a post-holiday, pre-'old friend's wedding' weight loss effort. it's working so far, but only because the most decadent thing i've craved is lasagna. thank god for small favours!!

ben & jerry's seems to be very popular... i like the one with brownie bits and cookie dough... sinful. (has anyone seen the ben & jerry's jersey? it's on my 'if i had a million dollars' wish list. so expensive, so we can carry around their logo. and yet still i want it... makes no sense.)

and... chips. i loooove chips. if someone could figure out a way to make them a food group, i'd be happy.
    I used to dream about ice cream, Antonio Banderas, and daquiris on the beach. Now, i dream about fresh pavement...

I have socks with the Ben & Jerry's logo on them. I got them at either Performance or REI, much more affordable than jerseys.

I'm not a big fan of printed jerseys anyway. They don't seem to wick my sweat away as well as non printed ones do.

V.

Never heard of Nananiamo(?) bars, they sound good. At the beaches near us there is a company named Thrashers that sells French Fries, very hot and greasy with peanut oil and sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning,which is similar to a cajun spice, but a regoinal specialty for crabs. You can get a huge paper bucket and walk along the boardwalk burning you fingers and feeling sun and wind. Sooo great. My coworker and I came close to leaving work today and driving two hours just to go down to the freezing beach just for Thrashers fries! But practicality prevailed and we didn't. Besides Thrashes fries, I love potato chips and Reese's cups.

while we're on the dessert thread,

I know I always think of this stuff as BAD and it is!! To me that means, be smart about it. Moderation.!!!! Don't scarf the whole thing, but a small peice or two.

It's funny for the most part I've lost my aste for sugar and I don't eat sweets every day. My guys ( hubby, two teens) love ice cream and at any given time we'll have 2-4 boxes in the freezer and it's really wierd but I just dont' eat it. I make cookies for the kids and don't eat half the dough any more.

I"ll hvae to dig out a recipe for nainamo bars... impress your friends and family.

just thoghts.

i.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

I googled a recipe for the bars. They do sound good.

V.
    http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~alain/nanaimo.html#basic

variations, yummy!! I've had mint before. Canadians tell me it has to be Birds Custoard powder to be authentic and not instant vanilla pudding.. but that can be hard to find.

funny, I cna't even deal with food right now and I'm posting to this thread.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

Peanut Butter cookies - I'm making some as we speak (read/write whatever)

First batch is in the oven. I'm a convert to natural peanut butter. I started it as a low sodium thing, but the taste is just so much better! And in cookies... YUM!

V.

PS Fuji apples and peanut butter is my favorite work snack.

Originally posted by Irulan

It's funny for the most part I've lost my aste for sugar and I don't eat sweets every day.

I was thinking that while I was reading this thread. I don't think of myself as a "dessert person". I'll have ice cream after a long ride in the summer though.

My idea of indulgence is baking a really cheesy-gooey spinach lasagne...and eating half of it! Or making that second (or third!) trip to the buffet at the local Indian joint. Or potato-leek pie...with half a bottle of really good Champagne. MMMmmmmm.

Oh and I hear you on the natural "just peanuts" PB. PB and apples or PB and celery...great snack! Almond butter is nice for a change too.

Geez, Thank God I didn't read this yesterday or I would have died, being Ash Wednesday and all.

That cheesecake with raspberry on it sounds AWESOME! I'm trying to broaden my horizons and try things other than chocolate. Man, there's a lot of good stuff out there. No wonder why Americans are such fatsos.