Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspertaine

Aspertaine

To disable ads, please log-in.

its just dawned on me that its giving my stomach jip!AND ITS IN EVERYTHING,well,almost everything,im on day one tomorrow no diet drinks.next week im off the gum,anyone else noiced is not a hiunky dory product?

ps.thinking of you lot 9/11.must have been a tuff time.
    who is driving your bus?

isn't this the one that was discovered while trying to find a food additive that would INCREASE APPETITE? it tasted so good they marketed it as a sweetener!

good luck.
    I don't eat/drink any fake sweeteners either.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

It gives me incredible headaches. It took me a long time to figure out what was causing them. I blamed it on nerves, anxiety, and anything else you can think of. I was popping Tylenol like candy. That was about 12 years ago. Since then, I've given up diet soda and sugar free almost everything. Now I drink water and herbal tea. If I want something sweet, I for the non diet stuff.

I've read that it can give you MS symptoms too - not sure if thats true or not. But its nasty stuff.

I also cannot tolerate splenda. My tummy just does not like that stuff!

yeah!if it was a bloke id dump him
    who is driving your bus?

Fake sugars fake butters, etc.

No, No, and No. I don't believe in putting fake stuff in my body! Besides it all tastes horrible!

I don't do any light sugared products (they all have the fake sugars in them)

I try not to eat or drink too much sugar, but when I do, it is the real thing

We are what we eat. I really believe that obesity in our world is cauesd by all these pre-packaged pre-prepared foods, these light products, these fake products. Make your own stuff - yes it takes more time but it is an investment in your HEALTH. There is almost nothing more important than your health!

Just remember what you eat is what fuels you to go fast on the bike. Sugar is an empty calorie so remember to try to eat calories that contain nutrition in them. It's okay to have the occassional coke or ice cream or beer but just remember that they are the treats and not the norm. You need to get your calories from good, unadulterated food prepared by you!

Hope I haven't insulted anyone but I'm pretty passionate about this

The Spokewench

Aspertame/Nutrasweet makes me terribly ill. It gave my mom the MS symptoms and had her doc thinking her nervous system was collapsing. It also makes SKnot sick.

So I'm guessing there's a genetic tendency to non-tolerance of Aspertame.

I eat SUGAR when I want something sweetened.

Deep fat fried salted SUGAR is best! (no, really, I eat real sugar and everything is fine. Only 16 calories per teaspoon, and it fuels you for the bike. What's not to love? Just be sure you do ride the bike, and brush and floss your teeth.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I've never trusted artificial sweeteners. They seem like an easy answer to All Your Dieting Problems. In my experience, most easy answers are wrong.

I've also noticed that the people who drink "diet" products tend to be overwieght. Hmmm...

And don't even get me started on the people who make cole slaw with whipping cream and Splenda as main dressing ingredients.

No, Spokewench is right. Natural foods (in moderate quantities) are best.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Talking

That Sign In Japan,i Keep Re Reading It!what Are They On!!!!!!????????

Halo Shines,went To Supermarket,duno What You Guys Call It,plain Yog,no Diet Drinks,no Diet Beans,even Bought Some Lemons For My Water,oh!so My Place Is Secure In Heaven.

Cravings Today.big Time.fighting.
    who is driving your bus?

somebody need to revive the engrish thread.... Thread Hijack

Aspartame makes me veryhappily hyper (which I tend to be anyway)... and then I *crash.*
    There's all kinds of scary stuff on the INternet about it... so it's hard to sift the conspiracy theories from sensible stuff, but hey, it is *known* to become toxic at certain temperatures, and frankly, our regulatory agencies are no longer trustworthy. Who was paying for the research deeming that stuff "safe?" Gosh, maybe institutions receiving large donations from companies who would benefit from that deeming.
    We are so inconsistent about how we look at "risks." If you're going to put a helmet on your head because of the relatively small risk of crashing, then it doesn't make sense that you'd put dubious chemicals in your body **every day**...

... and I also agree with the idea that "the easy way" and the shortcuts... well, they just tend to have costs down the line. I'll take my pear shape and struggles with whittling it down. I'm not really a Calvinist... I do like fun...
    Last edited by Geonz; 09-13-2006 at 01:24 PM.

still cravings BUT IM 100% LESS BLOATED!wow!!!cutting it out slowly,im very tired and faint though,drinking loadsa water,will it be some kind of withdrawal even though is a tiny tiny poison compared to caffine?
    who is driving your bus?

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    isn't this the one that was discovered while trying to find a food additive that would INCREASE APPETITE? it tasted so good they marketed it as a sweetener!

good luck.
    I don't eat/drink any fake sweeteners either.
    RIGHT!OH SOSOSO PURE,WOW IVE NOT HAD A FIZZY DRINK SINCE I STARTED THIS THREAD AND NOW,DONT I FEEL SO GODDESS LIKE!!!!!BUT 3rd DAY NO CHEWING GUM,AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW I HAVE "BOUNCE" I HAVE NO SUGAR CRAVINGS WHATSEOEVER,HOW VERY VERY ODD..........

AND JSUT TO PROVE HOW BORING IVE BECOME,PLAIN YOGS,THE LOT
    who is driving your bus?

I don't believe caffeine is a poison at all... any more than salt is.

caffeine is my friend...

Aspartame, however, makes me sick. Thought I could get away with half-pieces of gum at work (cuz gotta keep the breath fresh and i was eating a ton of cinnamon Altoids). Ooops. No can do. So I guess if it makes you sick, even a little will still make you sick.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson